Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
It's the morning, couldn't care less about using correct wording :D
Lol

Anyway, I doubt you need a sub to rent or buy movies on it.

Just had a touch. Went into Apple TV on my iPad and it there was a *no need for that* saying that the new iPhone I bought a couple of months ago comes with a years free Apple TV+, so I clicked and am up and running for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Lol

Anyway, I doubt you need a sub to rent or buy movies on it.

Just had a touch. Went into Apple TV on my iPad and it there was a *removed* saying that the new iPhone I bought a couple of months ago comes with a years free Apple TV+, so I clicked and am up and running for a year.

Haha awesome job

No you'd be correct, buying or renting is like anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I bought a 4K player, or rather it came with my 4K tv. I watched one film on it. Honestly it just felt pretty pointless. Our TV is ‘only’ 49” - perfect size for the room - but you need a much bigger TV to see the benefits of hard copy 4K content at a comfortable viewing distance. Netflix etc looks great (we have a super duper connection so it’s streaming in 4K) and to the extent that hard copy material is better it’s definitely not worth the time or expense when content is readily available to watch at the click of a button.

With that said, I’m a person that can live with with the imperfect blacks of a non-OLED TV (it’s a Samsung KS9000 IIRC). Life is much easier and cheaper when you don’t fixate on having everything / willing to make a compromise :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
I bought a 4K player, or rather it came with my 4K tv. I watched one film on it. Honestly it just felt pretty pointless. Our TV is ‘only’ 49” - perfect size for the room - but you need a much bigger TV to see the benefits of hard copy 4K content at a comfortable viewing distance. Netflix etc looks great and to the extent that hard copy material is better it’s definitely not worth the time or expense when content is readily available to watch at the click of a button.
I’ll be sitting 3-4 feet away from a 55 inch, so I should be able to see the benefit.

Soldato
Dont forget its not just the picture on a 4k blu ray which is superior to streaming but also the sound. Netflix/prime etc are so convenient though and most people dont have a big enough high quality TV or a good enough sound setup to take advantage of the plus sides the disc offers anyway.

Man of Honour
Not everybody has a big house you know. Our first house our lounge was oy 8 foot across so once you got a sofa and a big CRT screen in, you were sat very clos3
I assure you that my house is tiny. I’m not sure it could be any smaller without it being ‘comically small’ :o

edit - well OK, it’s small. Not tiny. Just feels tiny. Desperate to move and get more space.

With a smaller room though, my preference would be to have a smaller TV. Depends what the primary purpose of the room is I suppose. Is it a generic lounge / bedroom or more of a cinema room? To each their own!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Never seen a soundbar used like that before :p

I am not a fan of Samsung's model names, thought you had bought a bloody 85" tv for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom