Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
I'll stick it out with my X470 board and see what X670 has to offer.
I have a funny feeling we won't see X670 unless there's something in the Zen 3 redesign that will necessitate a change somewhere. The board vendors have put in all the work for PCIe 4 capability and a lot of the VRMs are built like tanks. What else is there to actually do?

I think we may see a X570 refresh with an improved PCH chip (i.e. 7nm shrink with no active cooling; call it X570X like Intel have done with X299), but beyond electrically linking more lanes between the PCH and CPU I honestly can't think of anything that could warrant an actual new chipset. This is also why I think B550 is taking forever and a day because if you're limiting PCIe 4 to the 1st PCIe slot and the M.2 connected directly to the CPU, what else is there to actually bolt onto the rest of the board?

Edit: I just remembered that the TRX40 boards have nowhere near as many PCIe retimers which is where a lot of the X570 expense comes from. So that knowledge and engineering improvement could be big enough to warrant a X670 moniker.

Soldato
Could I get a recommendation for an X570 ITX board please (I know there's not a lot to choose from)? Can't use the DTX from Asus unfortunately, as I'll be building in a Dan A4 case. I'm going for a 3700X.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply @String. Honestly, I probably don't need any X570 features right now. My problem is that I only tend to build a new PC every 5-6 years (or even longer!), so I try to futureproof as much as possible. I'm guessing PCIe 4.0 (for example) won't be around for the long haul anyway, but I still find myself debating whether or not I'd be better off having it given how seldom I build from scratch.

Soldato
Afternoon,

I'm just contemplating which Gigabyte X570 Motherboard to buy.

I have an eye on the Master and the Ultra, which will be for the 3900X cpu. Could someone please help me to decide if the extra money is worth it.

I will be overclocking ;)

Soldato
Afternoon,

I have an eye on the Master and the Ultra, which will be for the 3900X cpu. Could someone please help me to decide if the extra money is worth it.

No difference I understand. The vrms are better in the master, but they're overkill in the ultra anyway.

Do you need post code display and any other feature the master has?

Soldato
Afternoon,

I had the ultra and changed to the cheaper Elite board, from what i can tell so far, there aren't enough differences to justify the extra £100.

Soldato
No difference I understand. The vrms are better in the master, but they're overkill in the ultra anyway.

Do you need post code display and any other feature the master has?

I had the ultra and changed to the cheaper Elite board, from what i can tell so far, there aren't enough differences to justify the extra £100.

Thanks for the replies, after reading your posts, the Master is overkill.

The extra M.2 slots make the ultra a better choice for me over the Pro, in fact I could pick up an extra M.2 SSD with the money saved ;)

Soldato
Could I get a recommendation for an X570 ITX board please (I know there's not a lot to choose from)? Can't use the DTX from Asus unfortunately, as I'll be building in a Dan A4 case. I'm going for a 3700X.
Had another think about things this evening... If I really want to get longevity from my next build, I should go for a case with more versatility. So I've ditched the idea of getting the Dan, and instead ordered an NCase M1 this evening :o So the Impact is an option again lol.

Soldato
Even Aorus Elite's VRM is basically overkill for 3900X.
Only synthetic stress tests or completely multithreaded workload with AVX can put it under more noticeable load.
After having pretty much scam level VRMs in B450 boards Asus and Gigabyte kinda went over board.
Too bad Asus couldn't keep marketroids from screwing up chipset coolers...

Soldato
Had another think about things this evening... If I really want to get longevity from my next build, I should go for a case with more versatility. So I've ditched the idea of getting the Dan, and instead ordered an NCase M1 this evening :o So the Impact is an option again lol.

Aorus ITX and save some cash ! :D

shame Aorus 4000hz ram isn't out for a while. 8 layer Aorus ITX should hit 5000hz like the Xtreme did . Caseking seem to have a set

Soldato
I'm mulling over a purchase (again).

What's the thoughts on the Strix X570-I versus the Aorus X570-I?

I'd possibly switch from my 3700x to a 3900x as part of the purchase.
I almost bought today. Even went to the store, as I was around there anyway.

I didn't.

Arghhhh.

Isn't the aorus i pro the one to get. Vrms are the best and so is the bios.

Surely you wait for the 4th gen as you're already rocking a 3700x?

Soldato
OP
I almost bought today. Even went to the store, as I was around there anyway.

I didn't.

Arghhhh.

Isn't the aorus i pro the one to get. Vrms are the best and so is the bios.

Surely you wait for the 4th gen as you're already rocking a 3700x?

I'd taken your advice in the last sentence there... And now they're doing a 3900x for £399! :eek:

Not sure if I can resist... :p

Edit to add: NVM (I need to stay strong... Must resist etc.)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd taken your advice in the last sentence there... And now they're doing a 3900x for £399! :eek:

Not sure if I can resist... :p

Edit to add: I know the chart in the OP was before the chips released, is anyone running the 3900x with an X470-I. The board would cope with that chip without issue?

I just got one for £350, with a Master mobo.
:)

Back
Top Bottom