Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Associate
We always knew it was going to be this price. It's a fibre optic cable, and it sells for as many dollars in the states- it has always cost the UK more (After currency exchange is taken into account) for American tech.

Edit: Never mind, it costs $80 in the states, so it's even pricier for the UK. I wonder what led them to add the extra charge? I expected it to be £80 because, while $80 is only £60 tech seems to go for the same number without minding whether the currency is in dollars or pounds (I noticed this while looking at monitors). But £90?

Last edited:
Soldato
It is disappointing that the cable seems to be priced even higher over here. Still, as the specs are being made public hopefully we'll have some third party cables at some point.

Associate
It's been compatible with the DAS for donkeys :D. You just need some 3D printed parts to make it attach.
Or simple sticky-back Velcro. Not that it matters, because the DAS is discontinued alongside the Vive, so you'll have a hell of a time finding one that still has the headphones attached.

Soldato
Soldato
Just recently got myself Quest and the official link cable and it performs and works very nicely.

Can anybody recommend some good headphones for the quest as i am not that impressed by the audio side of things.

Soldato
OP
Just recently got myself Quest and the official link cable and it performs and works very nicely.

Can anybody recommend some good headphones for the quest as i am not that impressed by the audio side of things.
what type are you looking for? Permanently attached, buds or actual headphones.

Soldato
I bought a pair of separate Quest earbuds from another place for £18 and they're very good. I'd prefer phones like the Rift, but these work very well.

Soldato
OP
Buds will be fine:) i have seen the official ones for £50 but peeps say you can buy one for £20 which sound just as good.

Just want decent sounding ones.

Can only speak for what I have used.

Made two separate out of a pair of Xiaomi Piston IIs, bought some L-3.55mm connectors and soldered on. Fitted some mem foam tips so they stay in. Great sounding.

Aso used an old pair of KZ ZSN IEMs, sound superb just need to cable manage a bit and a bit more friction hooking over the ear.

I have flip-flopped between many, many solutions and mainly use a pair of self-amplified headphones now.

Soldato
My KIWI design Oculus Quest earbuds arrived today and what a massive improvement in sound quality :D

Also got myself some KIWI design knuckle grips and Eyglo face cover mask.

Back
Top Bottom