• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i9-9900k vs i9-9900ks

Associate
A stock 9900k isn’t hard to cool. Things get interesting when you are under load north of 1.30v and 160+ amps on an oc’d chip regardless of what variant it is.

Associate
9900k and ks is pretty hot chips. There is something you do not tell about your cooling. Only temps what are too low for overclocked cpu like 5Ghz or more for all cores.

Cinebebch R20 gives 100% load for a cpu, all cores at short time when rendering the picture. It means more heat and higher temps at cpu when hitting all cores 100% workload. Custom loop could so less temps obvious.

Main question is. What radiators you are using, cpu block and so on? Those will make a big difference at cooling to keep so low temps for a cpu?

What kind of custom loop watercooling you are using?

You just can’t tell to hit 5Ghz at all cores with aircooling and so low temps. But you haven’t state cooling at all. Only temps. Nor you haven’t state is it overclocked or not.

Of course you can hit 9900k to a 5Ghz at one core out of a package and pretty sure 5Ghz to all cores when doing it with custom loop. Still 9900ks is binned so it can hit 5Ghz for all cores even you do not know so much oc or cooling. Only what matters that your cooling is efficient enough.

I have a Thermaltake 360 AIO. This for me is not the biggest issue with 9900k's. VRM's are. Placed in a Maximus X Hero Z370, idle temps were mid 50's. Same chip in same setup but in the Aorus board with notably increased VRM's gives me the results I currently have.

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting 95 octane in it. Crazy

Soldato
I have a Thermaltake 360 AIO. This for me is not the biggest issue with 9900k's. VRM's are. Placed in a Maximus X Hero Z370, idle temps were mid 50's. Same chip in same setup but in the Aorus board with notably increased VRM's gives me the results I currently have.

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting 95 octane Diesel in it. Crazy

fixed :D

Soldato

It's like buying a Ferrari and putting 95 octane in it. Crazy

95 octane? Amateur hour get on my 100 Octane level

Back
Top Bottom