Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
What is it being homologated for? I didn't even think it existed anymore! That is awesome news if true as they will not be expensive as I thought they would!
WRC I think.

Homologation rules are very loose these days but your rally car needs to be vaguely the same as a road car still. They've made such wild changes for their rally car by the sounds of it, they need homologation on this specific car rather than the regular Yaris.

Things like Fabia and Polo rally cars are close enough to the regular cars that they can use those as the reference and it isn't an issue.

Soldato
What is it being homologated for? I didn't even think it existed anymore! That is awesome news if true as they will not be expensive as I thought they would!

WRC. I stand corrected on one point; they need to build a total of 25,000 with that bodystyle for homologation – not necessarily that specification – as I think it's only the bodyshell it's really interested in, for the WRC team.

Caporegime
WRC. I stand corrected on one point; they need to build a total of 25,000 with that bodystyle for homologation – not necessarily that specification – as I think it's only the bodyshell it's really interested in, for the WRC team.

From what I can see they want to use a 3 door shell with the sloping roof line. Toyota could have done a Peugeot in the early 2000 and release some rubbish with a body kit but have gone all out with it so props to them.

OcUK Staff
OP
Official details released - https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/toyota-gr-yaris-goes-on-sale-in-uk/41974

Starting at a touch under 30k. Really liking the look of this car!

Looks a fantastic piece of kit, it is kind of like a mini-WRX or mini-EVO, though probably no smaller actually as I imagine a Yaris with a wide body kit won't be that small.
Glad Toyota are bringing some fun stuff to market and with a more powerful Supra on way and rumours of a GR GT86 with more power, they will be the go too brand. Glad to see Toyota still pumping out fun cars! :)

Soldato
It is pretty much a rally car for the road :D

If there is room for tuning (small engine so many not much), it will be insane. That with 300+ HP...

OcUK Staff
OP
It is pretty much a rally car for the road :D

If there is room for tuning (small engine so many not much), it will be insane. That with 300+ HP...

Who knows gonna assume it will be 255-275 stock, should imagine a higher flow exhaust, other breathing mods, mapped for 99 fuel it will make around 320HP, should be good fun if under 1400kg.

Back
Top Bottom