Compatibilities

Associate
Looking at the fractal design c case as I’m
After a mid tower case smaller the better, no RGB needed sleek design, I
Don’t mind a side window panel with easy to clean filters with good internal cable management.
Main concern is will a power colour rx5700 red dragon fit ok in this type of case running a aftermarket air cooled cpu cooler??
Am I correct in saying be quite pure base 500 is just 2 small for this type of card??
Or has any 1 any better suggestions on a small midi sleek case that I should consider..
I’m a noob so all info is greatly appreciated ty

Soldato
Both those cases will fit the card just fine. The Define C might be a bit of a squeeze on the power cables and connectors.

Those are compact but well designed cases - space in the right areas (like clearance for tall CPU coolers and graphics cards). Plus the Red Dragon isn't massive.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the reply lucky Bengaki future upgrade of my card will be the RX 5700 Red Devil and this will be the biggest card I will ever purchase within reason, are both the listed cases still adequate for this card also?
Just trying to find out best compact cases that can house a extremely powerful gaming rig

Soldato
Thank you for the reply lucky Bengaki future upgrade of my card will be the RX 5700 Red Devil and this will be the biggest card I will ever purchase within reason, are both the listed cases still adequate for this card also?
Just trying to find out best compact cases that can house a extremely powerful gaming rig
Yep, the Red Devil specs say it's 300mm long:

https://www.powercolor.com/product?id=1565160726

Both cases say they support graphics cards over 300mm, e.g. 369mm in the Pure Base 500:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cases/james-dawson/be-quiet-pure-base-500-case-review/

Soldato
If you don't mind a bit bigger case, I'd recommend the Cooler Master H500. It's still mid-tower but plenty of room inside, there's simply no card on the market that won't fit inside (specs state like more than 400mm card clearance). Amazing price as well with many features, easy to build and great airflow out of the box with an all-mesh front and two massive 200mm RGB fans (you can't turn off the lights obviously). Also magnetic dust filters, removable PSU shroud and good cable management, so everything you look for.

Plus it looks sleek and very clean, has a tinted side glass window as well. I'm really happy with this case, especially for this price.

Associate
OP
That’s great news the pure base 500 in grey is the case for me knowing I haven’t got to worry as such in what graphic cards I can use with in reason. Being small and compact knowing I haven’t got to compromise 2 much
On what components I have it’s a win win for me
Thank you Lucky Benski:)

Associate
OP
That’s a descent case Amatsubu but it’s bigger than what I’m actually after and also it has rgb fans, I’m
After a case that sits on the desk with a glass Side panel no rgb clean design with black grey components only.. :)

Soldato
Oh, I understand. Then the Meshify C might fit the bill or beQuiet! stuff is also sleek and classy but worse airflow than Meshify C.

Still think the H500 beats both in terms of price vs. features and management but it's obviously your call on how big of a case you're willing to tolerate. It's not that high but it's a bit wider than a typical mid-tower. RGB can be turned off IIRC:)

If it's out of the question, I think I'd go with the Meshify.

Associate
OP
Hmmm think my Saturday evening will consist of watching YouTube videos on these such cases and builds as I’m still open on what kind of case to get esp when they are recommended as much as they are like the h500

Soldato
Think it through, all that matters is whether your happy with your purchase.
:)

I'll make some pictures of my build inside the H500 and post them here to give you a rough idea how it looks.

Soldato
Here, terribly sorry for the photo quality, older phone and the lighting was awful. The front of the case is simple no-frills design. It's just a giant mesh with two big fans. As you can see my build is also almost entirely black with some RGB. I'm not really too fussed about matching colours TBH:p

Also took a photo of the big magnetic dust filter on the top of the case. The tinted side glass looks great but it's really reflective in photos so I took that off to show the inside. That card is a 3-fan RTX 2070S and it doesn't even look that big in this:p

These are full-size, I'll delete them once you see them.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That looks descent tbh and looks as if you have lot space for what ever components you wish for...
what is your system specs?

Soldato
Thanks, looks better IRL as those photos were pretty pants. There is indeed quite a lot of space inside.

Specs are nothing special, 4790k with Arctic Cooler 34 Duo, Asus Z97-Pro, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte RTX 2070S Gaming. The PSU is EVGA Supernova G3 750W.

Will probably be changing the entire platform next year.

I also have three drives, one HDD, one SSD and one NVMe (Spetrix S40G 512GB RGB, looks great but the cooling's pretty bad, I got it as a present recently).

Associate
OP
That system has served you well :)
Amd are looking good and I imagine next year upgrade of your components you will see a big bump in performance .

Back
Top Bottom