• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Permabanned
why is ppl still going on about this for ?!? its silly either you are green or red simple as that ..

A person next to me looked at my old nvidia notebook and guess, the reaction was - but my Radeon laptop produces fonts as if drawn with a fineliner.
The nvidia fonts on my old notebook look like drawn with a thick brush.

Man of Honour
I really need to get around to this but had a bit of an issue with my main machine that sort of prevented me from finishing up my epic testing. short story, was moving windows from a single nvme to an nvme array. Broke everything like an utter noob. I promise I will finish it tomorrow.

Permabanned
I really need to get around to this but had a bit of an issue with my main machine that sort of prevented me from finishing up my epic testing. short story, was moving windows from a single nvme to an nvme array. Broke everything like an utter noob. I promise I will finish it tomorrow.

How? Macrium Reflect 7, for example, should be able to port everything to a new physical drive.

Man of Honour
How? Macrium Reflect 7, for example, should be able to port everything to a new physical drive.

So I was using reflect, I have 3 nvme in the system at any one time but 7 available drives. I wanted to go from a 512 drive to a an array of 3 nvme drives in raid 0 for windows. I cloned from a 512 to a single 2tb drive and extended the partitions no problem, I then removed the original drive. Sweet everything was still working. So I then created an array of two, cloned it again onto that array. Again all good and everything worked. I get I could have went in one step but meh I was fiddling with drives and playing with raid in x399. Anyway everything was sweet on an array of 2 until I put the original drive back in, everything booted fine and I checked I was booting from the correct drives, I was, so I blanked the original disk, rebooted and boom everything started going wrong. Whatever in that process it didn't like I don't know, but it killed the efi boot sector, and then every disk I tried to boot from clearly kept confusing it as within the space of a few mins I went from able to boot to not able to boot on any of the drives. I still had the windows partition and could have probably repaired but after a few hours I decided to reinstall everything.

That along with, wife and life set me back somewhat.

Caporegime
A person next to me looked at my old nvidia notebook and guess, the reaction was - but my Radeon laptop produces fonts as if drawn with a fineliner.
The nvidia fonts on my old notebook look like drawn with a thick brush.
What is wrong with you? Seriously, you are still harping on about your 2007 Laptop and claiming it is crap, which it is but your shiny new laptop with a HD560 is much better, which again is true. I have a right old pair of trainers that I should throw out but haven't and they are not as good as my new trainers.... (at least it isn't a car analogy lol).

Permabanned
What is wrong with you? Seriously, you are still harping on about your 2007 Laptop and claiming it is crap, which it is but your shiny new laptop with a HD560 is much better, which again is true. I have a right old pair of trainers that I should throw out but haven't and they are not as good as my new trainers.... (at least it isn't a car analogy lol).

Are you claiming that the image quality rendered by the 8400M GS is different to the one produced by GTX 1060?

Maybe it's time to show some proof, you!

The GeForce image quality is all the same starting from GeForce 2 and ending in 2080Ti!

And the RX 560X doesn't give better image quality than 8400M GS because it's newer, but because its drivers work properly and don't push filters and colour compressions everywhere!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Wish I had stocked up on trainers from the 80-90's (Adidas made in West Germany) as they were better quality/better sizing/lasted longer than today's cheap made in 3rd world crap.

Soldato
Are you claiming that the image quality rendered by the 8400M GS is different to the one produced by GTX 1060?

Maybe it's time to show some proof, you!

The GeForce image quality is all the same starting from GeForce 2 and ending in 2080Ti!

And the RX 560X doesn't give better image quality than 8400M GS because it's newer, but because its drivers work properly and don't push filters and colour compressions everywhere!

LOL, another day, another post full of nonsense from you. Do you ever get tired been wrong all the time? Surely your time would be better spent learning about how things work? You could start with simple things like how to connect a laptop to an external monitor correctly, then you could move onto picking the right settings in games for your graphic card. After that you should read up on TVs and what the various settings do.

Permabanned
Create a poll asking people if there are image quality differences between the vendors! Don't focus on personalities because you are violating the forum rules all the time! And lie all the time!

Soldato
Opinion polls arent proof polls, are they? And we all know what certain people do when they are presented with proof dont we? Like when I posted the benchtest that proved of the two cards tested, the nvidia's HDMI output was more accurate than AMDs - people will either accept it if they just want the facts or ignore it if they have an agender. And what did you do, 4k8kw10? Same as you always do of course.

Back
Top Bottom