• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What card would you recommend, please?

Soldato
Way to ignore most of my post.

You've cherry picked one or two (temporary) stats in a video just so you can play the elitist card over 50fps?

Pretty childish for a supposed 34 year old.

I think he fails to see the point that at 60 fps even the old 580 is almost indistinguishable from a card that costs neearly 3 times as much.
The 2060 is obviously faster but if you play with vsync on then no one would tell the difference in most games at 1080P.

Associate
Yes 400 is a monumental sum when you spend all your money on ur pointless cars.
He wants to play in 1440p the 580 cant even handle 1080p and u reccomend that, really smart.
The OP obviously made the smart choice of purchasing modern card, not some ancient pos.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes 400 is a monumental sum, how about get a job you clown.
He wants to play in 1440p the 580 cant even handle 1080p and u reccomend that, really smart.
The OP obviously made the smart choice of purchasing modern card, not some ancient pos.

Your reading comprehension is dire.

He never recommended the RX580 in this thread, he questioned whether it might be a better option for him on a personal level. You then jumped in and made a ridiculous claim that the RX580 was utterly incapable at 1080P (twice now) despite all evidence proving you wrong. When called out you took a hissy fit and claimed other people didn't have standards, playing the elitist.

You're acting like an arrogant child.

I think he fails to see the point that at 60 fps even the old 580 is almost indistinguishable from a card that costs neearly 3 times as much.
The 2060 is obviously faster but if you play with vsync on then no one would tell the difference in most games at 1080P.

I suspect he sees whatever it is he wants to see judging from the way he acts.

Soldato
50fps is perfectly playable ?

There are other games besides Red Dead Redemption 2.
if you enjoy 50fps buy a console.

Are you a 12 year old? There are a number of reasons why some of us prefer to game on a PC as opposed to a console and an ultra high framerate is way down the list of my priorities
Get some standards seriously.

Your standards are clearly based on how new a game is and it's framerate. Some of us are still playing slightly older games which fly on an RX580 and I appreciate things like gameplay, story, deph of charactor, originality, creativity, replayability. Those are my standards.
Yes 400 is a monumental sum when you spend all your money on ur pointless cars.

I wasn't even part of this discussion but I felt I had to air my feelings due to the rudeness and apparent snobbishness towards people who cant afford an expensive GPU or have other priorities like family.

Last edited:
Associate
I play on a 144hz monitor and to me personally, 50fps feels like a PowerPoint slideshow presentation. Red dead 2 default setting, 40-70fps felt unplayable. Basically it's subjective and what you're used to, but even with freesync and LFC on I can't get used to that range of fps.

Soldato
I play on a 144hz monitor and to me personally, 50fps feels like a PowerPoint slideshow presentation. Red dead 2 default setting, 40-70fps felt unplayable. Basically it's subjective and what you're used to, but even with freesync and LFC on I can't get used to that range of fps.

I think we all agree that 50 FPS isn't very playable and completely unacceptable to me also. But there are other games. I recently played through Battlefield 4 and that would have an amazing framerate on an RX580.

Soldato
Also, to keep this in perspective the OP is asking for a card to run on a PC with a 4770k, so this is a PC with hardware from around 2013. So ramming a £400 GPU in it won't necessarily be the best option.

For me, I'd be putting some of that money towards a newer platform, than just getting the best GPU I can afford.

Caporegime
Just pick whatever fits your budget, and check if going up to the next card makes sense for you, I dont really see the point in buying anything slower than the 2060S at this point.

2060S is ~300
2070S is ~500
2080S is ~700

relative-performance_2560-1440.png

a 2070S is £400 not £500

Back
Top Bottom