Escape from Tarkov

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I don't play this game and I'm sure its fun to play, but oh my its dull to watch on a streamers channel. Half the time watching them just organise their gear.

Half my favourite PUBG streamers are playing this now, I just can't watch them anymore.
The inventory management is quite laborious for people who aren't used to it. If you fancied watching a streamer who's both adept at the game and managing inventory, I'd highly recommend GhostFreak66. Guy plays the game unlike most others and knows the game incredibly well.

Associate
Watching Sacriel this afternoon and learning a lot. He is having a teaching stream.
I played for the 1st time in 12 months earlier and I could'nt even manage to extract in offline mode :D

Sure you learn by playing but this is a nice lazy feet up Sunday.

Associate
Got my first PMC kill earlier today which was promptly followed by my own death.

To be fair, the guy was in a firefight with another pmc on customs and I came up behind him and as he was ducking for cover from the other player, i took aim and got him down. In the excitement, I decided to run over and loot instead of taking up an advantage point and watching the other guy loot the body. The other pmc got me as I was looting myseld. Lesson learnt

I've also realised that I normally freeze when I see another player and that of all the videos I watch on youtube and all the tips I take note off, I do the exact opposite when in game.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick Skav run in Factory, kill 2 Skavs and ended up with East wing room 322 key and Military base checkpoint key, just under 300k in 5 minutes.
I need to get level 5 fast lol I keep running out of everything and I have no money got a couple of keys I want to sell but need flea market unlocked, man this game is tough

Associate
Well today I bit the Bullet and purchased the game as its been in my face non stop by Streamers ! I felt as if I was missing out lol ! Only time will tell if I made the right decision.... Feel a little bad as I remember about a year ago some guys in OC Discord got it and everyone slated them ! now its the most popular shooter online

Soldato
Well today I bit the Bullet and purchased the game as its been in my face non stop by Streamers ! I felt as if I was missing out lol ! Only time will tell if I made the right decision.... Feel a little bad as I remember about a year ago some guys in OC Discord got it and everyone slated them ! now its the most popular shooter online

Let me know what you think, I've been debating whether to get it or not... I need to read more into the game as I have no clue what the aim is :p

Associate
Mate it’s really addictive but I’m finding it really tough juggling stuff around and going into raids with naff all, maybe I’m just cack lol this is the toughest fps I’ve played, i play siege a lot and can hold my own I know this is completely different but fxxk me this is hard lol! Hopefully will get a bit easier when I can buy and sell on the flea market as I have barely any money and gear lol

Associate
I don't play this game and I'm sure its fun to play, but oh my its dull to watch on a streamers channel. Half the time watching them just organise their gear.

Half my favourite PUBG streamers are playing this now, I just can't watch them anymore.

I'm in the same Boat but everyone I know seems to have stopped playing PUBG and is now playing this so feeling a little left out so will give it a good blast this week and report back next week.

Soldato
Slowly increasing my funds and items now. Killing scavs is ok for the most part as pmc. Probably winning less than 50% against player scavs though as a scav myself, although some of that is down to luck of my gear and theirs. As both pmc and scav I'm barely encountering any PMCs though, and when I do they're normally well geared. Been a few times where you just get one shot in the head and only know their rough location at best. I'm really not sure customs is the best place for new people despite the advice. There's certain choke points and it seems like a cross over of extracts so you will almost always get into a fight even if you don't want to. Need to start trying factory key on it.

Associate
Slowly increasing my funds and items now. Killing scavs is ok for the most part as pmc. Probably winning less than 50% against player scavs though as a scav myself, although some of that is down to luck of my gear and theirs. As both pmc and scav I'm barely encountering any PMCs though, and when I do they're normally well geared. Been a few times where you just get one shot in the head and only know their rough location at best. I'm really not sure customs is the best place for new people despite the advice. There's certain choke points and it seems like a cross over of extracts so you will almost always get into a fight even if you don't want to. Need to start trying factory key on it.
Ive been doing better on customs rather than factory as ive played more on customs i know the map better, on factory i spawn in and im dead within a minute lol mainly to pmc's

Soldato
When I'm not playing with a few on here on the discord, a few of my mates from dota have now picked it up. It's quite tough showing them the ropes. Biggest issue being they don't have access to the good ammo to compete. I can see the game goes through some small meta changes. One being that once you put a little bit of time into grinding some money. Everyone can run the highest tier ammo. So trying to walk them through a raid without access to the flea market or having them to scared to spend 800-1k+ on a single bullet. So instead garbage weapon with next to no attachments and some **** poor ammo. Makes the game look harder than it actually is.

Probably need to walk them through interchange as a Scav. Copying the route Zendori showed a bunch of us. It's extremely profitable and that might give them the confidence to spend a bit of money. Their inventory management is also absolutely disgustingly bad. I could probably spend over an hour fixing each of their stash. Not knowing what they can and cannot sell is an issue. Like anything, a little bit of research on youtube would probably make things a lot easier. Oh and 3 of them clearly have their sensitivity set to high. I can tell right away from speccing their stream on discord. Movement is all over the place.

Soldato
watched Shroud and Summit last night and they just legged it and looted super fast and got out :) Ganna grind the hell out the game this week and see how I get on...

Thing is, they are streamers that have fast reflexes and great aim/recoil control, they could probably do great with poor guns and low tier ammo.

As already mentioned, you can have a great gun but if the ammo isn't great, it's not gonna help. Good ammo is expensive but it pays for itself when you can kill geared players and take their things :D

Soldato
absolutely - the above comments- ammo is the key to this game.

Grind scav runs, get gear, make some money and spend it on good ammo. Get on discord, interchange loot runs as scav, get out.

Back
Top Bottom