LG c9 OLED

Soldato
I'm undecided if I should get the C9 55" or wait to see what 2020 offers, but then I will want to wait for price drops on them.

I have a B6 currently which is fine, but fancy updating, want a set with HDMI 2.1 as well for future consoles.

Decent price on these C9 sets as well currently.

When the c10 is on discount you could then wait for 11th gen

Or if you wait 5000 years those TV's will be fantastic

Soldato
Nice, you came from a B6?

How you find it, I'm tempted to get a 55" C9.

If your B6 is 55” then tbh I would not bother. There are improvements but picture wise it’s not worth the spend. The low latency game mode is ok but I found game mode on the B6 perfectly fine. The C9 is a bit quicker and a little brighter but in reality it’s not a big enough jump if you are happy with the B6.

When more HDMI 2.1 devices come along it might offer more and will more than likely be cheaper. But for now stick with the B6 is my advice.

Soldato
If your B6 is 55” then tbh I would not bother. There are improvements but picture wise it’s not worth the spend. The low latency game mode is ok but I found game mode on the B6 perfectly fine. The C9 is a bit quicker and a little brighter but in reality it’s not a big enough jump if you are happy with the B6.

When more HDMI 2.1 devices come along it might offer more and will more than likely be cheaper. But for now stick with the B6 is my advice.

Thanks for the advice, I'm still happy with my B6.
I have decided to wait, I do want hdmi 2.1 at some point, so will check out the LG CX series for 2020 and Panasonic lineup, I would like a new TV for when the next gen consoles are released so I'm thinking around October/November prices would have dropped on 2020 sets so that would be a good time to buy.

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, I'm still happy with my B6.
I have decided to wait, I do want hdmi 2.1 at some point, so will check out the LG CX series for 2020 and Panasonic lineup, I would like a new TV for when the next gen consoles are released so I'm thinking around October/November prices would have dropped on 2020 sets so that would be a good time to buy.

Sounds good mate I only upgraded as I got a really good deal otherwise the B6 was great. Wait and see what happens with HDMI 2.1 devices this year and the new consoles.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
There's nothing in the CX that warrants paying full price over the discounted C9 atm.

The big lure for me with C9 is gsync. Tearing on the B6 can be horrendous at times. 4k 120 is also a big appeal but until cards support hdmi 2.1 there's no point.

When the 3000 cards come out this year they're bound to support 2.1 Then it's another 1/2 to 1/3 year to wait for price reductions on the CX. I'll bite at that point and go up to 65".

Soldato
There's nothing in the CX that warrants paying full price over the discounted C9 atm.

The big lure for me with C9 is gsync. Tearing on the B6 can be horrendous at times. 4k 120 is also a big appeal but until cards support hdmi 2.1 there's no point.

When the 3000 cards come out this year they're bound to support 2.1 Then it's another 1/2 to 1/3 year to wait for price reductions on the CX. I'll bite at that point and go up to 65".

Don't no if its related but apparently the new CX series can do 4k 120fps over hdmi 2.0.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Yeah, I only saw it mentioned on another forum so don't know for sure.
It's possible with YCbCr 4:2:0 which is based on the hdmi standard rather than the TV. Surely that's possible on the C9 too thought not heard anyone talk about it.
Obviously you lose dynamic range using that setting.

Associate
Hey all. Could someone be kind enough to help me out, I'm just about to take the bite and get a C9 55". But I can't find the actual length of the stand itself. Could someone with the c9 55 have a quick measure and tell me if the base stand is wider then 40". As that is the width of my current cabinet i'm going to put it on. I know it'll overhang by 3" or so each side but that's not really a problem.

Anyway, Would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Soldato
Hey all. Could someone be kind enough to help me out, I'm just about to take the bite and get a C9 55". But I can't find the actual length of the stand itself. Could someone with the c9 55 have a quick measure and tell me if the base stand is wider then 40". As that is the width of my current cabinet i'm going to put it on. I know it'll overhang by 3" or so each side but that's not really a problem.

Anyway, Would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

35.6” wide from this review.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled

Soldato
Anyone have an eARC/hdmi 2.1 ready receiver/soundbar, just wondering best way to connect devices if both support eARC.

I guess it would not matter as much anymore because you would not be losing any sound quality by connecting directly to TV, some soundbars that are eARC ready seem to be short on hdmi in ports as well, I got the ysp2700 which has a good number but that was pricey at the time and isn't eARC.

Soldato
Not sure there are any yet ? I use my 2700 connected by Arc which gives me DD+ and sounds pretty good.

So you connect everything to ysp2700?

I think there are some about, the Sony HT-X8500 soundbar is eARC I believe, but it only has 2 hdmi ports one of which is the output. Quite cheap as well but not sure its as good sound wise as the ysp2700, which was priced considerably more.

Back
Top Bottom