Rainbow Six: Siege - which edition?

Soldato
Hi,

I’m a bit late to the game. Do the extra characters from years 1 to 4 make a big difference/any difference? I’d prefer to buy on Steam but Origin has the full Y1 to Y4 for £35, so much cheaper.

Cheers!

Associate
Not really. You can unlock characters by playing anyway.

I still wind up using the standard ones from the base version anyway, although I don't play competitively.

Caporegime
If you would have asked this while it was on sale, I'd have said the deluxe edition, but now I'd say just get the standard. Most people don't really use a lot of the operators anyway and just tend to stick to a few that suit their play style. I use a total of 4 and I have most unlocked just through playing.

Associate
It doesnt matter if you get it on Steam or Uplay, the steam version will open in uplay anyway - you can just add it as a non steam game.

Associate
If i recall correctly the cheapest option doesn't come with 8 extra operators and it takes extra 'renown' (aka grind currency) to unlock the standard operators over any other version. I'd get the second cheapest version of the game, you get a good balance of operators and don't have to grind as much for the base ones (you get enough renown from doing the training missions to unlock almost all of them).

Back
Top Bottom