The Ncase M1 thread

Soldato
Just played 30 mins of BF1, fans @ 1200rpm exhaust out the bottom 67c max.

CPU temps 62c max fans @ around 1000 rpm, 9700k @ 4.8 1.25v.

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone who has built in the M1 with a Corsair SFX PSU.... how is cable management? Is it worth getting the platinum version for the cables? Or even worth looking into custom cables?

I've been waiting on fans to complete my build but I have a Corsair SFX Platinum. I don't think the cable management will be particularly bad although the 24 pin cable could definitely do with being shorter. I have removed all the front I/O connectors (apart from the power one, obviously) and this has cleaned it up a good bit. It's simply just a flat ribbon type cable now.

The power extension cable from the back of the case to the PSU can be tucked nicely between the motherboard and case edge so that isn't a problem.

Soldato
I'll be getting some custom ones just for looks even though they wont be seen, don't cost a whole lot either, $34 i got quoted for 24pin, 8pin, 2x pcie.

Soldato
I've been waiting on fans to complete my build but I have a Corsair SFX Platinum. I don't think the cable management will be particularly bad although the 24 pin cable could definitely do with being shorter. I have removed all the front I/O connectors (apart from the power one, obviously) and this has cleaned it up a good bit. It's simply just a flat ribbon type cable now.

The power extension cable from the back of the case to the PSU can be tucked nicely between the motherboard and case edge so that isn't a problem.
Good info, cheers!

I'll be getting some custom ones just for looks even though they wont be seen, don't cost a whole lot either, $34 i got quoted for 24pin, 8pin, 2x pcie.
Yeah, that's pretty cheap compared to some places I've seen.

Associate
OP
So, Parcelforce say they have dropped my case at the Royal Mail Post Office...the post office say they haven't got it and its probably still on the Parcelforce van. I've arranged a re-delivery date with the hope that someone somewhere knows where the hell it is and it will get delivered. I've got a bad feeling about this though.

CPU temps 62c max fans @ around 1000 rpm, 9700k @ 4.8 1.25v.

Are your rad fans pulling in or pushing out? And are you using the supplied dust filter on the side panel?

Soldato
7r8FHWjh.jpg

Got the accelero fitted, kept on most of the heatsinks from the morpheus and had to use a smaller one on one of the memory chips to get it to fit.

Keeping the temps 58C with a quiet fan profile.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ordered a v6.1 in black today for mid march.

Now I need to decide on the best cooling solution for my 3900x. I think the Noctua C14S looks good with a couple A12x25 at the bottom.

A 240 AIO is also an option.

Soldato
Ordered a v6.1 in black today for mid march.

Now I need to decide on the best cooling solution for my 3900x. I think the Noctua C14S looks good with a couple A12x25 at the bottom.

A 240 AIO is also an option.
I'm waiting on my M1 to arrive and have decided to experiment a bit before settling on my final cooling config. I have an NH-U9S and an Eisbaer LT240, as well as a few spare A12x25 fans as well. I've only got a 3700X to cool, but should be a fun few days of tinkering!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm waiting on my M1 to arrive and have decided to experiment a bit before settling on my final cooling config. I have an NH-U9S and an Eisbaer LT240, as well as a few spare A12x25 fans as well. I've only got a 3700X to cool, but should be a fun few days of tinkering!

Keep us updated :)

How much did you pay in customs?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hasn't entered the country yet, but will update when it does!

Fair enough :)

This is the cooling setup I’m considering.

CZIk7yp.jpg

I have a 2 slot 2080ti on the way so should be fine with 2 x A12x25 fans as intake to the GPU. Then a C14S with the 140 fan is feasible with the PSU in the ATX position. That also as intake should cool my 3900x. Then a A9 exhausting at the back.

Anywhere we can get custom PSU cables ?

Back
Top Bottom