• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Soldato
Please, stop trolling!

LOL, I hope you are talking to yourself? Because you are the one that admitted that you probably setup the external monitor wrong with your laptop using the wrong resolution.

You are clueless and every time you post you sound more and more foolish. People on this forum are just laughing at you at this stage.

You didn't have your external monitor setup with the correct resolution. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.
You were using settings that your 8400 couldn't handle in Counter Strike which is the reason there was fog while you were playing. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.
You thought TVs filled in missing details in the picture. Then posted up settings that were to do with SD TV.
You claimed Nvidia used poor texture compression called ASTC and that proved Nvidia had bad image quality. But you forgot to read the rest of the article you googled. ASTC isn't used in Laptop or desktop GPUs.
You say you are sensitive to GeForce images, but when Vince put up two screenshots from his Nvidia and AMD Laptop you couldn't tell the difference.

I could go on and on, it's so easy to pick your posts apart, because you don't have clue, you just use google to try and find things to prove your argument. And you can't even get that right.

Soldato
Create a poll asking people if there are image quality differences between the vendors! Don't focus on personalities because you are violating the forum rules all the time! And lie all the time!

Opinion poll? are you joking? That's not proof of anything.

You accuse us of lying? You have some neck on you to accuse us of lying. When you do nothing else but lie, you make up things to prove a point. ASTC textures anyone?

Permabanned
LOL, I hope you are talking to yourself? Because you are the one that admitted that you probably setup the external monitor wrong with your laptop using the wrong resolution.

You are clueless and every time you post you sound more and more foolish. People on this forum are just laughing at you at this stage.

You didn't have your external monitor setup with the correct resolution. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.
You were using settings that your 8400 couldn't handle in Counter Strike which is the reason there was fog while you were playing. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.
You thought TVs filled in missing details in the picture. Then posted up settings that were to do with SD TV.
You claimed Nvidia used poor texture compression called ASTC and that proved Nvidia had bad image quality. But you forgot to read the rest of the article you googled. ASTC isn't used in Laptop or desktop GPUs.
You say you are sensitive to GeForce images, but when Vince put up two screenshots from his Nvidia and AMD Laptop you couldn't tell the difference.

I could go on and on, it's so easy to pick your posts apart, because you don't have clue, you just use google to try and find things to prove your argument. And you can't even get that right.

These are all made up things by you, BTW. Fog has nothing to do with framerate. Every single nvidia card produces fog.

Man of Honour
You have to be trolling - those comparisons have been thoroughly debunked twice in this thread alone now never mind elsewhere. In the GTA ones AMD has a reflection setting disabled which changes the surfaces because on the AMD side there is no reflection of the sky altering texture colours, etc. please don't post that rubbish again.

The red curb is different because on the nVidia side the material shader is capturing light from the orange sky on the AMD side that stage is entirely missing. (have a look at the top left side of each segment where you can also see it on the sidewalk).

Not sure why you are so intent on discrediting yourself in this thread.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You have to be trolling - those comparisons have been thoroughly debunked twice in this thread alone now never mind elsewhere. In the GTA ones AMD has a reflection setting disabled which changes the surfaces because on the AMD side there is no reflection of the sky altering texture colours, etc. please don't post that rubbish again.

The red curb is different because on the nVidia side the material shader is capturing light from the orange sky on the AMD side that stage is entirely missing.

People talk about it, anyways. The whitish kind of fog is always there, on the 2D desktop because the brightness-contrast balance needs to be adjusted.

Apple-banned-nvidia.png

Man of Honour
If James's link is correct from earlier then it isn't due to colour compression but that nVidia's full range RGB has less contrast between certain shades while AMD has higher contrast - I can't say if either is more or less correct as I don't have equipment to check.

EDIT: And I'll say again pretty much every time someone has popped up on reddit, etc. claiming a big image quality difference it has been shown that it is down to user error or misunderstanding of what is going on, etc. and professional tech reviewers, etc. have struggled to find more than very slight colour differences when all else is equal.

Associate
People talk about it, anyways. The whitish kind of fog is always there, on the 2D desktop because the brightness-contrast balance needs to be adjusted.

Even the cover pic of that clickbait-spam Youtube channel doesn't even have the same texture filtering on the roof - and I'd say Nvidia's image there is vastly superior.

Do you actually own any high end hardware from either vendor, 4K8W10? Have you ever? You post a lot of nonsense from troll comment sites and fake videos but nothing from proper tech channels, established review sites, etc. You also appear never to have used this kind of hardware in person, making - as almost everyone on this thread points out - you look like something of a troll, and it's not productive discussion.

Soldato
he

The red curb is different because on the nVidia side the material shader is capturing light from the orange sky on the AMD side that stage is entirely missing. (have a look at the top left side of each segment where you can also see it on the sidewalk).

Not sure why you are so intent on discrediting yourself in this thread.

the voice of reason has spoke get over it this is getting silly now ah well time for some beers and enjoy the silly ness i suppose..

Permabanned
Even the cover pic of that clickbait-spam Youtube channel doesn't even have the same texture filtering on the roof - and I'd say Nvidia's image there is vastly superior.

Do you actually own any high end hardware from either vendor, 4K8W10? Have you ever? You post a lot of nonsense from troll comment sites and fake videos but nothing from proper tech channels, established review sites, etc. You also appear never to have used this kind of hardware in person, making - as almost everyone on this thread points out - you look like something of a troll, and it's not productive discussion.

The texture quality on the wall of the house which is closer to the observer is much better on the Radeon, while the roof top which is far away for some reason is with different anisotropic filtering on the GeForce.
But it isn't only this house in the video - there are many other scenes.

Owning "high-end" is irrelevant with respect to the discussion! For me, the Radeon RX 560X is a high-end notebook hardware!

If we take the OP video where they do compare it on pixel-to-pixel basis - they do compare the pixels but they don't compare the colour intensity of each pixel which at first glance may look identical but is not when the whole image is built as a whole. You can have small colour deviations which can have large influence when all the pixels in the pool are assembled and the whole image is created.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I actually enjoy reading 4K8K's ramblings, as it perks me right up. No matter how he is shown, he persists with his ramblings and nothing stops him. He is happy poking fun at himself, which is a good thing and I applaud him for it. Anyone who uses a twitter post from a random and claims it as fact is doing great work in my book. He is quite right and a poll of which IQ is better would clearly "prove" what he is on about!

Thanks for the laugh bud :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I actually enjoy reading 4K8K's ramblings, as it perks me right up. No matter how he is shown, he persists with his ramblings and nothing stops him. He is happy poking fun at himself, which is a good thing and I applaud him for it. Anyone who uses a twitter post from a random and claims it as fact is doing great work in my book. He is quite right and a poll of which IQ is better would clearly "prove" what he is on about!

Thanks for the laugh bud :D
I picked up on that some time ago. That is why I came up with my Terminator quote:

Listen, and understand. That 4K8K is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brain dead.

:p

Soldato
I picked up on that some time ago. That is why I came up with my Terminator quote:

Listen, and understand. That 4K8K is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brain dead.

:p

nice one mate !

Soldato
Apologies to everyone else, this is going to be a long post.

These are all made up things by you, BTW. Fog has nothing to do with framerate. Every single nvidia card produces fog.

So you accuse me of making things up. Well, let's see who is right and who is wrong shall we? I am going to post the things you say I am making up in BOLD and directly quote where you said it. We start now.

Your TV has its own processor that adjusts the picture quality - changes colours, fixes pixels lack, etc.

You thought TVs filled in missing details and then you posted the following.

I read all kinds of comments. Look, people know it best:
My Panasonic 4KTV has a Studio Master Colours processed by a Quad Core Pro.

And in the menu, it have selected the following:

*Noise Reduction is set to Max
*MPEG Remaster is set to Max
*Resolution Remaster is set to Max
*Intelligent Frame Creation is set to Max

Now, explain what these functions are for?!

You didn't have a clue what any of those setting were for.

Next proof.

You claimed Nvidia used poor texture compression called ASTC and that proved Nvidia had bad image quality.

nvidia uses very bad texture compression which results in poor image quality. The texture compression is called ASTC and you can see what it does here:

Using ASTC Texture Compression for Game Assets
https://developer.nvidia.com/astc-texture-compression-for-game-assets

"Since the dawn of the GPU, developers have been trying to cram bigger and better textures into memory. Sometimes that is accomplished with more RAM but more often it is achieved with native support for compressed texture formats. The objective of texture compression is to reduce data size, while minimizing impact on visual quality."

More laughs for me, ASTC texture compression is only for mobile processors. Next.

You say you are sensitive to GeForce images, but when Vince put up two screenshots from his Nvidia and AMD Laptop you couldn't tell the difference

I get you. The point here is that some people may be sensitive to their monitors' outputs, for example I can not stand GeForce images, maybe only photos viewing is somewhat normal but reading news articles with their specific fonts, or playing games with that whitish fog and missing details, thanks but no ;)

Vince in post no. 889 put up two screenshots, you didn't even try to guess which was which even though you claim your "sensitive to Geforce images" Which leads to my next proof.

In the last statement I quoted from you, you complained about whitish fog, when Stooeh asked you what whitish fog you replied with two screenshots from counter strike.

In the centre of the first image and everywhere on the second.

Check post no. 924 for the actual screenshots. The whitish fog on your 8400 Laptop isn't because Nvidia has bad image quality, it's because your laptop can't handle that game using Dx9.0.

And lastly.

A couple of days ago you claimed that the Nvidia's image quality was terrible when you connected your laptop to an external monitor. I said it was more than likely user error and that you used the wrong resolution or made some other mistake. Your reply was.

Probably, but it doesn't excuse the low quality because the Radeon doesn't behave like that when lower resolution is chosen.

I didn't make up anything, it's just another day where you are completely wrong.

Soldato

He has an ancient laptop with an 8400M GS and a newer laptop with an RX 560X. Those are the laptops he is making his comparisons on.

Back
Top Bottom