*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Soldato
Just finished this, easily best game from 2019 loved it all!

The hard bit is figuring out what to play next. After Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (sheer giddiness of being a Jedi) and Control to end 2019 for me, the only way was down.

Went to The Outer Worlds and was so boring and hollow after having played Control. Currently settled for playing The Division 2 - bit of a grind but I am enjoying it but nowhere near the extent as the last 2 games I played though.

Associate
The hard bit is figuring out what to play next. After Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (sheer giddiness of being a Jedi) and Control to end 2019 for me, the only way was down.

Went to The Outer Worlds and was so boring and hollow after having played Control. Currently settled for playing The Division 2 - bit of a grind but I am enjoying it but nowhere near the extent as the last 2 games I played though.

Exactly the same for me. Same games and yes Division 2 is my go to game between the others mentioned.

Soldato

I'm yet to pick of fallen order as I opted for this game over it few weeks ago when I bought control.

I have division 2 and know what you mean, never finished campaign and had it since launch, looks pretty though

Soldato
Finding it to be a very boring game struggling to play it let alone complete it! Remedy really do themselves no favours with the same old gameplay formula. When all is said & done its nothing much more than a max payne reskin with dashes of quantum break :( & very tiny little glimpses of brilliance :eek:
I think the wierdness is what I kept enjoying and the combat, if I have to find a negative is that really ever other gun form doesn't need to be used as it's far better to launch stuff at enemies.

I can't comment on quantum break despite owning it now ever launched it, I don't not see it as anything like Max Payne though (I have played each one as well)

Soldato
Control for me was the X-Files game I always wanted growing up. I loved the atmosphere of the game and the weird mystery surrounding it. It ran incredibly well on my old PC at 1080p. Still looks really good and the powers all gelled well together. So by the end of the game the combat is incredibly fun. I picked up and read through every single document and watched every small video clip found within the game too.

Soldato
March update now out, with Nvidias DLSS 2.0.

Just testing it out, my mind is blown by the technology improvement. With RTX at max my FPS wasn't great at 1440p with a 2080 ti. With DLS 2.0, it's double the frame rate I'd say (not directly measured but a huge difference in feel thus far) and it looks crisp as anything. What an improvement.

Hopefully this is rolled out to titles such as Red Dead Redemption 2!

Associate
So I am attemping to revist this after only getting to the first "Hotline" or just after first time around.

Playing again with DLSS2.0 running like a dream - apart from it is crashing after about 15 minutes total freeze have to ctrl+alt+del sign out is the only way to recover it.

I started again and have gotten to about the same point and it has crashed about 4-5 in doing so.

Driving me mad as I'm getting into more this time around.

All drivers up to date etc. no junk running in the background or anything.

I must say, I do not normally get any issue with games crashing - temps all ok CPU is only running at about 60c at max, GPU is only running at 90% as I have v-sync on at 4K 60fps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

**EDIT** So I loaded Doom Eternal and that was stuttering badly. From this, I know it is my Xbox One S controllers batteries as that is the normal symptom when they are dead. Booted Control and played 15-20mins no crash. Hopefully, that's all it was. Normally games will stutter and slow to a crawl not just instantly freeze like Control when the batteries are done. **

**EDIT 2** No just played again crashed after 15mins or so, gave a resource error this time and actual quit to desktop on its own **

Last edited:
Associate
Running really well for me after the update, I’d only played a couple of hours got distracted with half life alyx.

Strange, maybe I should re-install. I have had a go on dx11 and it is has not crashed once, had two sessions about 45min each.

Running high settings, no AA - internal at 1440p display at 4k. Not sure why it's so hard to run even with no RT, most fo the game is just a concrete building lol

Soldato
This looks awesome, read a few reviews and I can't believe I missed this either. So off I go to the epic store - whaaaat?! nearly £50?! Someone please tell me this is worth it. If so it renders the inevitable argument with the wife a worthwhile venture :D

Soldato
This looks awesome, read a few reviews and I can't believe I missed this either. So off I go to the epic store - whaaaat?! nearly £50?! Someone please tell me this is worth it. If so it renders the inevitable argument with the wife a worthwhile venture :D
IMO its not even worth £20! I paid £22 for it in the xmas sale Epic had & think the game is a pile of junk! Boring gameplay with gimmicky powers. Bland graphics which do not look good at all even with RTX it looks pretty average to me due to poor art direction. The whole thing plays like a supernatural Quantum Break-Max Payne reskin to me but worse as its very obscure at times & easy to get stuck with no clear direction on where to go next. The level design is a horrible mess & after Quantum Break & now this I feel Remedy have lost direction big time sadly. Even if this was free as part of PC Xbox Game Pass I would not recommend it :(

Soldato
IMO its not even worth £20! I paid £22 for it in the xmas sale Epic had & think the game is a pile of junk! Boring gameplay with gimmicky powers. Bland graphics which do not look good at all even with RTX it looks pretty average to me due to poor art direction. The whole thing plays like a supernatural Quantum Break-Max Payne reskin to me but worse as its very obscure at times & easy to get stuck with no clear direction on where to go next. The level design is a horrible mess & after Quantum Break & now this I feel Remedy have lost direction big time sadly. Even if this was free as part of PC Xbox Game Pass I would not recommend it :(
Eh!? Are you sure you played this?

It was always crystal clear on where to go, it has one of best level designs in any game especially the maze

Soldato
Eh!? Are you sure you played this?

It was always crystal clear on where to go, it has one of best level designs in any game especially the maze
Positive & I loved all of Alan Wake & Quantum Break was okish but this is terrible IMO! I am stuck on a mission it will not advance as the game has a bug where you have to start again from scratch & lose all your saves ! Even without that I have found it to be very trial & error & terrible with regards to ingame objectives & where to actually go. The entire map & mission progress is really confusing & a horrible mess they should sack the person who made this but even without that its pretty bland & average looking I can see why they had to go to a small publisher as its just not a very well designed title at all & worth about a tenner max!

Soldato
Positive & I loved all of Alan Wake & Quantum Break was okish but this is terrible IMO! I am stuck on a mission it will not advance as the game has a bug where you have to start again from scratch & lose all your saves ! Even without that I have found it to be very trial & error & terrible with regards to ingame objectives & where to actually go. The entire map & mission progress is really confusing & a horrible mess they should sack the person who made this but even without that its pretty bland & average looking I can see why they had to go to a small publisher as its just not a very well designed title at all & worth about a tenner max!
Fair enough, each to there own, we can't all like the same thing.

Quantum break is still on my to do list, didn't realise was same dev

Back
Top Bottom