What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
How are you using these hockey pucks as jack pads? Obviously you're cutting a slot into them for the pinch welded seam, but are you just placing them onto of the jack pad, or do you cut them to a size that fits into your particular jack pad? Does this really only work if you have a larger jack pad? My partners Corolla has those super-annoying pinch welds and if I avoid them during jacking by placing the jack under suspension components I then find myself with nowhere to place an axel stand. I only have a Hilka 3ton jack, and the jack pad on it cant be more than 6cm or so - so substantially smaller than a puck!

Yeah I just sit them on top of the jack pad, or the jack stand. Yes, they are larger than the pad, but they are dense rubber, so they deform a little under the weight of the car. They don't to sit in the "cup" of the jack, it just presses into the bottom of the puck.

Soldato
Fitted my FPR and its ******* fuel out of the 1/8 connector for the gauge :rolleyes: so need to order some seals/sealant for it. Once I've set the pressure and happy with it i'll remove the gauge and just blank it off, one less thing to go wrong imo. Also ordered a new fuel filter as its not been changed in my ownership :o, its a pig of a job as well....

Yeah its a NEO. No tuning (yet), stock ceramic turbo and stock ECU that cant be mapped you have to get a piggyback or replace it.
I'm running more boost via a HKS EVC-S so I thought id be closer to 300.

I wouldn't read to much into the figure, I've had ~20hp variations in the past. in my case i'd just pulled the battery so likely the ecu was running base trims. If your running to much boost over oem it may be pulling the timing (though I know nothing of the Nissan ecus:)) what the graph/afr says is far more important imo :)

Associate
Refurbish rear caliper tonight, was bloody freezing in the garage. One of the sliders was stuck after giving it so much 'stick' at Oulton Park at the weekend. All nice and free now, there was a split in the piston boot also.

Couldn't be bothered to shotblast & paint it at work today so will just have to make do with seals refurb.

1WlaLo8l.jpg

Soldato
Did a minor upgrade last night...changed my halogen reverse light bulbs to an LED replacement. Quite pleased with the increase in brightness, I don't have a backup camera or sensors, so reversing in unlit areas was a little difficult with the rather film standard bulbs.

Today, the car passed its MOT. I didn't expect anything else of course...its not an old car, and I keep it maintained, but theres always a feeling if apprehension while you wait.

Exciting.

Associate
New rear brake pads and refreshed brake fluid, thought I would try RBF660 for a change. I had old Pagid dot 5.1 in previously and was ill before going on a track day so didn't bother to refresh it, car subsequently tried to kill me once later on in the day. Much better pedal feel now and ready for Donnington next month. Brake fluid had certainly seen better days.

Was bloody freezing outside. Got new front DS 1.11 pads to fit next and new disks as the current DS2500 pads and disks are knackered.

AjfZdcfl.jpg

Soldato
Put a dodgy Chinese head unit in it.

iIOHL78h.jpg

Huge improvement tbh, much neater without using my phone for everything and everything works surprisingly well. Very snappy. Going to get Harrys Laptimer going soon for Track days :D.

Don
Replaced a smashed front fog light on the Wife's Fiesta.

Unfortunately broke both the clip underneath the headlight, and the top tab of the headlight.

5 minute job turned into an 1.5 hour job as I repaired both with various amounts of hot melt glue, Gorilla Glue for Plastic, and 2 Part Epoxy :D

Back
Top Bottom