Audio goes silent at random

Associate
I am hoping someone can help. When watching Netflix/Prime my audio goes silent seemingly randomly. If i adjust volume higher or lower it comes back but i cant seem to figure out why. I was told to update drivers and im pretty sure ive accomplished that but it still does it.

Soldato
Hi, we need far more information.

Are you using a sound card? Motherboard audio? External DAC?

What is the audio source connected to, what is the amp / receiver?

When you adjust audio volume, is this on the computer or source, or volume the amp / receiver?

I presume this is a Windows 10 PC?

Associate
OP
Hi, we need far more information.

Are you using a sound card? Motherboard audio? External DAC?

What is the audio source connected to, what is the amp / receiver?

When you adjust audio volume, is this on the computer or source, or volume the amp / receiver?

I presume this is a Windows 10 PC?
Yep windows 10. the audio is coming through my monitor via HDMI no sound card. i Adjust the volume via the volume control in windows in the bottom right.

Man of Honour
Unless using these features I'd make sure that the audio setting for "communications" is set to "Do Nothing" (The communications tab in sound settings) and that the sound device (under the playback tab) has Exclusive Mode disabled in advanced options (untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device").

You might also want to check whether the monitor has power saving options in the OSD and disable or change those as appropriate as sometimes a monitor will power down the sound hardware if it thinks the system is idle.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Unless using these features I'd make sure that the audio setting for "communications" is set to "Do Nothing" (The communications tab in sound settings) and that the sound device (under the playback tab) has Exclusive Mode disabled in advanced options (untick "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device).

You might also want to check whether the monitor has power saving options in the OSD and disable or change those as appropriate as sometimes a monitor will power down the sound hardware if it thinks the system is idle.
I have made the adjustments so lets see if it happens again. It seems to happen randomly too and there is no option on my monitor about it going idle.

Back
Top Bottom