What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
This thread has been going for so long, that I’m unsure if I’ve posted before, but for the most part I wear a Titan, occasionally alternating with a Skagen, both are wafer thin, with uncluttered faces, and leather straps, and cost circa £100 each.
I abhor chunky watches that tell the time in Samarkand and have more buttons around the bezel than you can shake a stick at, but I have nothing against those that wear them, each to his own

Caporegime
Lovely shots @mrk

I never really understood why Rolex glass lacks anti-glare!

The coating can scuff and isn't as durable as just having uncoated sapphire, they are still supposed to be a 'tool' watch. They are coated on the underside, but don't have the 'make the dial disappear' AR like on Omega seamasters or some Breitlings.

Associate
Since it's Sunday :)

IMG-3238.jpg

Caporegime
Got the ‘Cocktail Time’ today. Very happy with it! The dial is stunning. Immediately swapped out the strap for a Hirsch Louisiana look which I personally think looks lovely, not to everyone’s tastes I’m sure. Bargain for £235! :D

Oh lee, Oh lee... I think you may have just persuaded me to pull the trigger on one of these. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and looks like it costs about 5x more than what you pay for it. :D

Where did you by it from? :)

Soldato
Oh lee, Oh lee... I think you may have just persuaded me to pull the trigger on one of these. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and looks like it costs about 5x more than what you pay for it. :D

Thank you! I am very pleased with it.

I bought it from John Lewis as they agreed to price match at £236. Although I am taking it back today for an exchange as I found a couple of small marks on the front :(

Associate
I have a date just and a GMT BLNR. Does anyone know a good company that will insure the watches worldwide? I am not living in the UK, so it must be international.

Thanks

Soldato
I alternate between a Casio Rangeman GW9400 and a ProTrek Prg250.
Debating whether to get one of those Galaxy Watches, though... then I can have any watch I like, with GPS lurking right behind it!

Soldato

I bought one last week as well:

88ZbMXCl.jpg

I got mine from Hillier Jewellers (ordered it online as they don't have a shop in Glasgow) and paid £236.70 and then got £7.09 topcashback. £229 is a bargain!

Associate
I own an Omega Speedmaster Mk2

The top and bottom of the front of the watch are in brushed stainless steel. I had a scratch on the bottom and my Dad, in his infinite wisdom, decided to help me and used Brasso on it, without my knowledge (!?!!!!)

Result is that the brushed stainless steel is more polished

You can still see the brushes but it’s not as dull as I’d like

Is there anything you can do?

Back
Top Bottom