*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Thinking about buying Mario Maker 2 or Pokemon. My Switch has been somewhat neglected lately since my PC build was finished. Poor thing, I feel sorry for it :p

Although Animal Crossing is already pre-ordered :) - maybe I'll just wait.

Play Smash Bros!

This version of Pokemon is really poor, I'd wait for the next one when Game Freak finally figure out how to make a game for a home console.

Caporegime
Play Smash Bros!

This version of Pokemon is really poor, I'd wait for the next one when Game Freak finally figure out how to make a game for a home console.

I do need to get Smash Bros back out. TBH part of the reason the Switch has been neglected is because my projector is currently broken. So no big screen to play it on. So its just gathering some dust lately.

Associate
quick question: I'm off to canada next month. Kids will be bringing their switches along. As I understand it games are not region locked so purchasing games in Canada for us on a UK switch isn't an issue right? Also, as I understand it, there shouldn't be an issue with them hooking up the switch via docking station to a tv using hdmi as it's not like the bad old days of region specific TV?

Man of Honour
quick question: I'm off to canada next month. Kids will be bringing their switches along. As I understand it games are not region locked so purchasing games in Canada for us on a UK switch isn't an issue right? Also, as I understand it, there shouldn't be an issue with them hooking up the switch via docking station to a tv using hdmi as it's not like the bad old days of region specific TV?

No problems for either question.

Soldato
Physical or digital for games.

I like the idea of digital with not having to swap out cartridges. I seem to find pretty good deals for games online. Im pretty strict with having 2 games installed at a time so space isn't an issue, especially with a 128gb SD card. Negatives for digital is that the eshop ain't gonna be round forever so I'm gonna need to get an expensive 2t SD card to keep my games installed so I never lose them.
Also when the next Nintendo console comes out, I'll only have the switch console to sell on and not have much to go towards the next console. Also like my huge steam library there's games I've paid full price for that I won't go back to and I can't sell or trade them in.
Am I missing something obvious that digital is better apart from some good prices throughout the year?

Soldato
I tend to wait for a 50%-70% sale before I buy digital. I will occasionally go up to around £30 if it's a deep sale on something I want to have on the go. Generally though most stuff I buy is less than £10. To me this is a price worth a punt on something that I generally know I will like (I don't buy blindly but it doesn't always work out) for less than the price of a half decent bottle of wine.

First party stuff and AAA games I always go physical and sell them on if I don't want to keep hold of them.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Physical or digital for games.

I like the idea of digital with not having to swap out cartridges. I seem to find pretty good deals for games online. Im pretty strict with having 2 games installed at a time so space isn't an issue, especially with a 128gb SD card. Negatives for digital is that the eshop ain't gonna be round forever so I'm gonna need to get an expensive 2t SD card to keep my games installed so I never lose them.
Also when the next Nintendo console comes out, I'll only have the switch console to sell on and not have much to go towards the next console. Also like my huge steam library there's games I've paid full price for that I won't go back to and I can't sell or trade them in.
Am I missing something obvious that digital is better apart from some good prices throughout the year?

Physical is better in every way, except for the minor hassle of changing the cartridge a few times a week.

Cheaper, resale option, second hand purchases, game sharing/borrowing, takes up less on-board memory, can play on many different devices easily, can be used when Nintendo shuts down the servers.

I only buy multiplayer AAA games digitally for full price, and then only indies or AAA games on a big sale from the eShop. All major releases get purchased physically for around 2/3 the digital price.

Soldato
Thanks kreeee, your pretty much in my thoughts.

Physical for all games, bar digital only games and indie that ain't physical. I like to think when it comes to selling the switch and all its games that I'll collect I'll have a couple hundred pounds that can go towards the next Nintendo console or playstation 5.

Soldato
Just pulled the trigger on a switch lite using the amazon vouchers I got for my birthday :D

Any game recommendations? Will probs looking at getting the 2 x zeldas although haven't played them before. Haven't owned a Nintendo since snes days!

Back
Top Bottom