**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Caporegime
built in a time when CPU clock speed was supposed to keep increasing, not for multi core CPUs.

Not relevant.
Well aware of that thanks, didn’t you see the emotes? ;)

That said it still doesn’t run that well @ my current 4.8Ghz (given it’s recommended requirements was 2.4Ghz....)

Either way, let’s face it this is going to be a system killer as every one of its predecessors has arguably been.

Soldato
Wowsers! continues to impress.

Does anybody know the location of the scene at the 46-second mark? The landscape is very interesting there for sure.

Caporegime
Well aware of that thanks, didn’t you see the emotes? ;)

That said it still doesn’t run that well @ my current 4.8Ghz (given it’s recommended requirements was 2.4Ghz....)

Either way, let’s face it this is going to be a system killer as every one of its predecessors has arguably been.

2.4 will have been for the base game with no addons.

Soldato
It does look amazing. I've stopped buying any scenery or addons for XPlane11 for a while now - it just seemed more of a pointless waste of money!

Hope their planes fly well though and that they implement something just as good as the 737-800 Zibo mod (asking a lot, I know).

Caporegime
Your talking to somebody who was a moderator on Simviation for a good while, not sure what point your trying to make here.....

Running the base FSX with no addons on a modern 4.8ghz machine should be no / limited issue, running it with ground mesh / textures / airports / aircraft etc is another kettle of fish and not something Microsoft based the system requirements of 2.4ghz on.

Caporegime
Running the base FSX with no addons on a modern 4.8ghz machine should be no / limited issue, running it with ground mesh / textures / airports / aircraft etc is another kettle of fish and not something Microsoft based the system requirements of 2.4ghz on.
Yeah, quite, it should be but frankly isn’t.

Microstutter is - and always has been - an issue for example, my point (not necessarily to you) was simply it was crap in the first place optimisation/performance wise and arguably (from my clean install example, I run two, std and modded) still is.

I hope the new one is better but frankly would be disappointed if it was! :D

Back
Top Bottom