• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anything similar or better than the D15?

Soldato
Need a high performance air cooler and I don't fancy paying nearly £100 quid for the noctua and the cheaper non black one is fugly. Air cooler reviews are also a mess and inconsistent these days.

Edit: Realised I should have posted this on the cooling forum, can a moderator move it please.

Soldato
Need a high performance air cooler and I don't fancy paying nearly £100 quid for the noctua and the cheaper non black one is fugly. Air cooler reviews are also a mess and inconsistent these days.

Edit: Realised I should have posted this on the cooling forum, can a moderator move it please.

What you plan to cool and what's your budget?

Permabanned
IMO you get what you pay for and primarily its about performance secondary aesthetics.

Your no doubt going to be able to carry it over to future builds esp as the likes of Noctua will give you a free mounting bracket if that is needed.

I have the D15S (I cant use the D15 due to ram and top PCI-E slot), it came with one fan so I bought two Chromax black fans and the Chromax Heatsink Cover kit that covers most of it and makes it look good, yes it cost more but so does any PC hobby.

Soldato
Air cooler reviews are also a mess and inconsistent these days.
And that's understatement of the year.

Thanks looks good. Anyone aware of any recent cpu air cooler performance graphs?
Like you said about reviews being as rule mess, it's very hard to find good comparisons.
Most reviews don't even do much to measure noise.
And with those measuring noise it's usually unclear, if performance readings in temperature page correlate to any number in noise result page.
(Bonus points for trying to find comparison between high end heatpipe coolers and waterpipe coolers. No doubt because that would make typical AIO look very badly overpriced)

As for Mugen 5, that's itself step behind the best level cooler. (in same weight class with NH-U12A)
But PCGH's low speed fans seriously limit performance of its mid density fin stack.
Even one Arctic P12 would be performance boost:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arctic-cooling-p12-pwm-pst-black-fan-120mm-fg-04h-ar.html

Soldato
I use a couple of Be quiet dark rock 4s. Note, the non-pro.

Almost as good as the pro but it's quieter with it just having the one larger fan. And it's more than enough to cool a ryzen 3700X and a 5ghz overclocked 7600K.

Back
Top Bottom