Slow system after new motherboard

Associate
Hello, I am having problems with my system following an upgrade to motherboard and cpu.

Im running a MSI B450M Mortar motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16GB Ram, Radeon RX 5700.

The system is very slow responsively depending on task. Trying to launch a game from Steam for example, takes upwards of 10-15 mins. Task manager has crashed many times when I tried to force close a crashed program. The system takes about 15 minutes to shut down properly.

I have reinstalled Windows, changed ram slots, tried removing hard disk and spare SSD (Main SSD is boot) to figure out if its a faulty drive causing slow response. Nothing seems to have worked so far.

Thank you

Associate
OP
Can you try and get into task manager and identify what processes are running, what the CPU is running at etc.
Nothing seems to be particularly demanding on the CPU, everything is below 1% usage, apart from chrome which runs at about 1.7%.
Also, consider booting Ubuntu via USB or CD if possible. It’ll determine if it’s a windows or disk issue.
I haven't run Ubuntu before, I know its an alternative to windows but unsure how to run it? Do I download and install it onto a USB stick then remove all other devices? OR just the boot drive?

The copy of Windows I have on my system is a fresh copy that I installed last night. Would that exclude it being a Windows issue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom