Football Manager 2020

Associate
New patch out.

Amongst other things... Fewer shots from the byline...

If you play with wingers / inside forwards you'll know what a blessing that should be. Previously I've had blummin' players shooting from silly narrow angles in to the side-netting loads. An entirely unrealistic number of times.

Caporegime
New patch out.

Amongst other things... Fewer shots from the byline...

If you play with wingers / inside forwards you'll know what a blessing that should be. Previously I've had blummin' players shooting from silly narrow angles in to the side-netting loads. An entirely unrealistic number of times.

This has been the most broken ME for me since I've played really.

So far I've been doing a Boro save where I'm like 5th season in Championship but I've just been focusing on not being sacked and making millions till they fix it.

I've now for the first season running with loss, but I've got 90M in bank with 180M transfer budget and a full squad of potential.
Now it's potentially fixed I'll be able to run this season almost properly.

Man of Honour
In your opinion guys, is this worth getting, especially if you have everything up to 2019?

I've just ordered it from Amazon for £22.99, but just want to make sure it's worthwhile, also assuming there's a big update around January time?

Soldato
I got a physical copy of this for Christmas.

Except the cellophane wrapping had a slit in it, which the buyer thought nothing of. When I opened it, the download code had been ripped out of the package!

It looks like someone in the supply chain had taken advantage of it being a cardboard package and therefore having some flex in it to squeeze it open to get at the code location.

Was bought from Amazon, who tend to be good about refunds, so fingers crossed I'll get a replacement copy soon.

Associate
In your opinion guys, is this worth getting, especially if you have everything up to 2019?

I've just ordered it from Amazon for £22.99, but just want to make sure it's worthwhile, also assuming there's a big update around January time?

Honestly, no. And I love this series. Have sunk more time into CM/FM than I have anything else.

The ME is truly awful. Long balls over the top, countless 1v1 opportunities. I mean, your players won't score from the 1v1's, ever. But they are there. It just feels like it matters no difference at all what instructions you give your players they will do what they want. It feels like the ME is scripted, I can tell almost instantly what is going to happen in a highlight as soon as I see the first few seconds of it.

Hopefully they will fix it, but I have my doubts. It just seems fundamentally flawed.

Man of Honour
Honestly, no. And I love this series. Have sunk more time into CM/FM than I have anything else.

The ME is truly awful. Long balls over the top, countless 1v1 opportunities. I mean, your players won't score from the 1v1's, ever. But they are there. It just feels like it matters no difference at all what instructions you give your players they will do what they want. It feels like the ME is scripted, I can tell almost instantly what is going to happen in a highlight as soon as I see the first few seconds of it.

Hopefully they will fix it, but I have my doubts. It just seems fundamentally flawed.
Thanks for the input, thinking of cancelling the order now and maybe stick to the older versions?

Is it likely the next update will do much to change this, fix the issues etc...?

Man of Honour
I got a physical copy of this for Christmas.

Except the cellophane wrapping had a slit in it, which the buyer thought nothing of. When I opened it, the download code had been ripped out of the package!

It looks like someone in the supply chain had taken advantage of it being a cardboard package and therefore having some flex in it to squeeze it open to get at the code location.

Was bought from Amazon, who tend to be good about refunds, so fingers crossed I'll get a replacement copy soon.
I had the same thing with Amazon but with a CIV game, some scum bag nicked the code and sent it back, but it wasn't sealed at all, so dodgy Amazon tried reselling a used game as new, which they seem to be doing increasingly more and more lately :(

Caporegime
This ME's the worst it's ever been for me, I've literally stopped playing it.
I've tried forcing myself to but it's just frustrating.

The developers have acknowledged the complaints but don't seem very forthcoming about a resolution.

I'd take a refund if offered one.
I'm currently playing an old FM2018 save.

It's a shame because I was relying on FM2020 while I watch training videos lol. Got 200 hours of them.

Man of Honour
This ME's the worst it's ever been for me, I've literally stopped playing it.
I've tried forcing myself to but it's just frustrating.

The developers have acknowledged the complaints but don't seem very forthcoming about a resolution.

I'd take a refund if offered one.
I'm currently playing an old FM2018 save.

It's a shame because I was relying on FM2020 while I watch training videos lol. Got 200 hours of them.
It's not shipped yet, so I could cancel now.

That's a real shame, it's like they don't care anymore?

Apart from the M.E what's the rest of the game like in comparison?

Caporegime
It's not shipped yet, so I could cancel now.

That's a real shame, it's like they don't care anymore?

Apart from the M.E what's the rest of the game like in comparison?

I'd personally cancel it myself.

SI are split between acknowledging there's a problem and saying that it's not a simple fix, while also saying they're happy with things.

The issues from the ME were present in the beta, so it's been a few months now.

The rest of the game has some great improvements, it's such a shame. If the ME was closer to FM19's I'd say this was the best FM release to date.

Man of Honour
I'd personally cancel it myself.

SI are split between acknowledging there's a problem and saying that it's not a simple fix, while also saying they're happy with things.

The issues from the ME were present in the beta, so it's been a few months now.

The rest of the game has some great improvements, it's such a shame. If the ME was closer to FM19's I'd say this was the best FM release to date.
Ok thanks, think I'll wait it out a bit longer and cancel now :(

Soldato
I had the same thing with Amazon but with a CIV game, some scum bag nicked the code and sent it back, but it wasn't sealed at all, so dodgy Amazon tried reselling a used game as new, which they seem to be doing increasingly more and more lately :(

I hadn't thought of that - had assumed it was someone in the supply chain, but I guess it could easily be that someone has bought and returned.

Man of Honour
I caved in but only as I found a brand new boxed copy for £16 delivered, so less of a risk, plus the SI forums seem split on whether they like it or not, so gonna give this a go. Will feedback how it goes :)

Soldato
My tactics is literally long ball over the top to 2 fast strikers because of how effective it is. Will get 10 clear cut chances in some games and we score 1 1v1 lol.

Man of Honour
I caved in but only as I found a brand new boxed copy for £16 delivered, so less of a risk, plus the SI forums seem split on whether they like it or not, so gonna give this a go. Will feedback how it goes :)
hah from hukd? dagenham and reds webstore?
i saw that too...and caved in too :p

Back
Top Bottom