Intel Clear Linux is still fast on AMD CPU's

Soldato
This is one distro I haven't tried yet!

---

Took this for a spin yesterday. It's definitely fast. Not sure I like the theming tho and obviously using it's own package manager etc... I think it is a bit too soon to be switching to this full time but defo one to keep an eye on for the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
OMG I am such a plonker at times.
I was worrying about its performance given its INTEL Optimized and not for AMD, but I thought I would try it anyway, and it isnt too bad.
Its got its own Package manager ( Hasnt that just been mentioned? ) but hey ho.

Its speed is actually pretty good, and I had a play about and wil I put it on my main Linux Machines? Even though I am wanting so much to chance, Everything I do go to, always has some issue or other, and so no.

But then it hit me like a train... Im doing all this worrying about the Intel optimisations and I realise that I installed it on a bloody intel anyway!!! - I am such a moron, that I keep surprising myself on a daily basis.

Soldato
OP
Maybe i'll try Clearlinux again in the future but i've fallen out of love with it to be honest...

It's ok if your happy to use the standard install but once you go through all the overly complex procedure of setting video drivers , graphics acceleration in apps like firefox and all the media codecs which is still flakey (as some don't work or default to using the CPU instead of the GPU) it just proves to be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom