Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I'm into Chapter 6 and it's annoying me, a mixture of sadness and not wanting it to end and hatred towards dutch and Micah, they are really ******* me off! :D

Yeah, I feel that! Definitely had that sense of sadness, partly for the trajectory of the story, but also because I knew I was going to miss feeling part of that world.

And I do. I was going through St Denis online last night, after having finished the story and it felt tinged with sadness still, that I was no longer part of Arthur's story
(and John's).

Annoyed as well that I had a great race horse, level 4, never ran off etc and while running away from the police in Saint Denis an officer on a horse ran out in front of me before I could react. I get busted, horse died :( Now the stupid race replacement runs off each time I get off instead of just waiting and the white arabian is nowhere to be found.

With only one White Arabian horse in the gameworld, I was nervous about losing mine once I'd tamed her. I was always super-careful about hitching her in safe places and making sure I was carrying plenty of revivers.

Have you tried managing your horses in a stable now you've got a new one? I wonder if it's just not registering your replacement as your primary horse?

Soldato
With only one White Arabian horse in the gameworld, I was nervous about losing mine once I'd tamed her. I was always super-careful about hitching her in safe places and making sure I was carrying plenty of revivers.

Have you tried managing your horses in a stable now you've got a new one? I wonder if it's just not registering your replacement as your primary horse?

I just can't find the Arabian at all, searched several times, it's just not there and I've not interacted with it before.

I've checked the stable but nothing, I had to go back and pick my saddle up from where my horse died initially and ended up putting that on a new horse. This one is now at the same level as the last with the only 2 differences are the look and the skittish behaviour, this one is really bad whereas the other just didn't seem to give a **** :D

Ree

Ree

Associate
you can buy the arabian in blackwater stable and st denis as i have two one bought from each stable. bella (my old dogs name) and arthur :)

Caporegime
I just can't find the Arabian at all, searched several times, it's just not there and I've not interacted with it before.

I've checked the stable but nothing, I had to go back and pick my saddle up from where my horse died initially and ended up putting that on a new horse. This one is now at the same level as the last with the only 2 differences are the look and the skittish behaviour, this one is really bad whereas the other just didn't seem to give a **** :D

The Arabian wasn't there the first two times I checked, and camping out didn't help to spawn it.

I played the game a bit more, went back and it was there the third time.

Soldato
I know it should be there from chapter 2 or 3, but I'm well into chapter 6 now. been in and out of the region now several times but no joy. I'll see if I can buy one but not too fussed now I've got a decent specced race horse again, although I may need it for the 9 minute dry dash challenge to Saint Denis

Soldato
Minor annoyances (like the game removing my guns every time I get off the horse!) aside, I think this is the best gameworld I have ever seen. Still have not explored half of it and I keep finding beautiful little places – not even on missions, just wandering around, exploring. The gameworld is a masterpiece of an achievement.

Soldato
I'm into Chapter 6 and it's annoying me, a mixture of sadness and not wanting it to end and hatred towards dutch and Micah, they are really ******* me off! :D

Annoyed as well that I had a great race horse, level 4, never ran off etc and while running away from the police in Saint Denis an officer on a horse ran out in front of me before I could react. I get busted, horse died :( Now the stupid race replacement runs off each time I get off instead of just waiting and the white arabian is nowhere to be found.

can yoou please please please mind the freaking spoilers.

Soldato
Saw this game for the first time on my friends regular PS4 and HD tv yesterday. They've made it look amazing on that so I just took the plunge. Buying it for the eye candy mostly but been after single player game after i completed Odyssey

Soldato
Can anyone help with a trader and moonshine role question please?

I play online with my Dad. I have trader and moonshine role, he doesn’t but only because he can’t seem to find Cripps to start it off because he’s always in my posse. I haven’t done anything with these roles yet.

1. what happens if he does the missions with me without the roles?
2. can he start moonshiner without trader role?
3. where/how does he find cripps?

thanks a lot.

Man of Honour
Can anyone help with a trader and moonshine role question please?

I play online with my Dad. I have trader and moonshine role, he doesn’t but only because he can’t seem to find Cripps to start it off because he’s always in my posse. I haven’t done anything with these roles yet.

1. what happens if he does the missions with me without the roles?
2. can he start moonshiner without trader role?
3. where/how does he find cripps?

thanks a lot.

Does he have the letter from Cripps for the trader role? If he has then head to the general store in Armadillo and he will find Cripps there. If he hasnt got the letter from Cripps he will need to either be posse leader or be solo and go to his own camp and speak with Cripps to get the letter.

Soldato
can yoou please please please mind the freaking spoilers.

Oh I'm terribly sorry old chap I wasn't aware a place name would be so damaging to a storyline to be considered a spoiler.

Nor would what chapter I'm in. There's no reference to the story nor anything to hint at what comes.

Edit, actually, I have no idea what you're referencing as a spoiler seeing as what I've mentioned has been mentioned many times so far in the thread.

Soldato
Does he have the letter from Cripps for the trader role? If he has then head to the general store in Armadillo and he will find Cripps there. If he hasnt got the letter from Cripps he will need to either be posse leader or be solo and go to his own camp and speak with Cripps to get the letter.

thanks will see what’s going on in his game

Soldato
I completed this last night. Although not as good as the Witcher 3 in terms of narrative quality, the game world was the best I have ever experienced; breathtaking at times and a real achievement in environmental design. My absolute only criticism (having played the previous title) is that knowing how things end, puts a bit of a dampener on things. Although I know it will never happen, it would be superb if Rockstar were to release a condensed version of its predecessor as DLC, perhaps focussing entirely on the main narrative and skipping the "busy work." The story could then be fully wrapped up and the baton passed on to "the next generation..."

274 hours out of the single player mode. Highly recommended.

Soldato
I completed this last night. Although not as good as the Witcher 3 in terms of narrative quality, the game world was the best I have ever experienced; breathtaking at times and a real achievement in environmental design. My absolute only criticism (having played the previous title) is that knowing how things end, puts a bit of a dampener on things. Although I know it will never happen, it would be superb if Rockstar were to release a condensed version of its predecessor as DLC, perhaps focussing entirely on the main narrative and skipping the "busy work." The story could then be fully wrapped up and the baton passed on to "the next generation..."

Great to hear. Downloaded it last night and ran the benchmark before work. Looking forward to getting stuck in. I think my favourite game world of late was AC:Odyssey but I've not heard a bad word about this game.

Is it better played with KB/M or a gamepad?

Soldato
Great to hear. Downloaded it last night and ran the benchmark before work. Looking forward to getting stuck in. I think my favourite game world of late was AC:Odyssey but I've not heard a bad word about this game.

Is it better played with KB/M or a gamepad?

I played through it using an XB1 controller and had no issues. It's personal preference, but I found it easier to have all of the required controlls in hand, rather than having to tap numerous different keys.

Soldato

:eek: Wow, you really got stuck in with it, ey?

I thought I'd done a lot but with only 105 hours (which includes possibly 10 hours online) you put me to shame!

I've never played the original, having never owned a console, but I'd love to have the RDR1 story available to play as DLC. From what I gather it would be just as you say and a nice continuation of where they left things here.

Back
Top Bottom