Anyone have experience of the 27" LG 27ULxxx 4K for Photoshop / Video work?

Associate
Anyone have experience of the 27" LG 27UL500/550/600/650 4K for Photoshop / Video work?

Seem very inexpensive for good spec - are they ok / designed for Photoshop and video work or is there something else to look at.

Currently on old Dell U2311's at the moment.

Associate
Looks like my old acc got deactivated, anyways I received a 27ul650 a few days ago and it's going back, terrible ips glow and back light bleed on black and gray, very off-putting. May just be my unit but thought worth mentioning

Soldato
I think all IPS screens at a certain price point are going to suffer with this. I've yet to see one that doesn't. I'd hope that more expensive professional level models would be better, but I've seen bad examples of those too.

VA isn't much better either, also suffering with bleed in many examples, and colour shift across the screen is always apparent.

You just have to pick your poison with any monitor and live with it. No such thing as perfection that's for sure.

Associate
OP
Looks like my old acc got deactivated, anyways I received a 27ul650 a few days ago and it's going back, terrible ips glow and back light bleed on black and gray, very off-putting. May just be my unit but thought worth mentioning

Agreed - I got mine on the 31st of last month and it was shocking! So I RMAd it...

"LG 27UL650 27" Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor with VESA DisplayHDR 400

Hi there, the black levels on these monitors are not suitable for the editing work I am doing. I couldnt calibrate them anywhere near close to even the levels of my 2011 Dell 23\" U2311Hs they were to replace. Googling seems to show that this is an inherent issue with these monitors :("

Associate
OP
I think all IPS screens at a certain price point are going to suffer with this. I've yet to see one that doesn't. I'd hope that more expensive professional level models would be better, but I've seen bad examples of those too.

VA isn't much better either, also suffering with bleed in many examples, and colour shift across the screen is always apparent.

You just have to pick your poison with any monitor and live with it. No such thing as perfection that's for sure.

Pretty shameful as LG invented IPS and the 2011 model Dell IPS I was replacing looks better than a 2019 IPS at a high resolution.

The search continues!

Back
Top Bottom