** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I don't like to preorder things for overclockers as the money comes out straight away, but I was going to buy one until I saw like new 27GL83A-B for £238 so have gone for that as I don't think it can be beaten for that price, even if it is missing USB ports.

Wow that's a great price! I've been searching but couldn't see it that low. Would love to get it. Did you just pick it up of was it from an offer another time earlier last year?

Soldato
Wow that's a great price! I've been searching but couldn't see it that low. Would love to get it. Did you just pick it up of was it from an offer another time earlier last year?

I just picked it up last night, from the rainforest warehouse. It was being sold as Like New.

I returned a 27GL83A-B fresh from the box since it had a dead pixel. Wonder if these are being re-sold "like new"?

Mmm, it could definitely be that one, was the dead pixel very prominent? I haven't told the wife yet, I just though for £238 I can't go wrong and have 30 days to return it for free if there is an issue with it (i.e dead pixels, really bad screen glow)

Associate
Mmm, it could definitely be that one, was the dead pixel very prominent? I haven't told the wife yet, I just though for £238 I can't go wrong and have 30 days to return it for free if there is an issue with it (i.e dead pixels, really bad screen glow)

Towards bottom left, few inches from the side and maybe a finger width above tool bar icons when viewing a standard Windows Desktop. Depends how fussy you are I guess :)

I ordered two together, one for myself and another for a friend. As luck (good for me, bad for him I guess) would have it I chose the non-dead pixel one. No, I didn't open open both to scope it out first...hehe.

Soldato
Towards bottom left, few inches from the side and maybe a finger width above tool bar icons when viewing a standard Windows Desktop. Depends how fussy you are I guess :)

I ordered two together, one for myself and another for a friend. As luck (good for me, bad for him I guess) would have it I chose the non-dead pixel one. No, I didn't open open both to scope it out first...hehe.

Thanks! I will be in the lookout! :D

I think if I paid £330 I would like it to be perfect, for £238 I might let it slide, but I will wait until I get it and see how bad it is.

Associate
For anyone waiting on the LG 27GL850-B, Here's the response I received from Customer Services today:

"Stock of these monitors has been pushed back according to LG from late January to Mid February. We have ordered 300 units and currently have 185 pre-orders. Providing we receive the full 300 units into stock you should see your order shipped for delivery the day after they arrive."

Associate
I'd be more than happy to pay a 10% deposit or something like that £50 for a pre-order but for full amount to leave your account I'm just not in a position where I can do that.

I shall continue playing the waiting game for these to be 'In Stock'... :)

Associate
Ordered mine on the 20th of November.
First, OC Support said it was going to be here in December, but that they could not promise a delivery before Christmas.
Then, I contacted them again just before New Year's and they said the delivery was pushed to beginning of January.
Now, apparently it's going to be February.

... But will it?

Associate
This thread delivers!

Shame I can't say the same for LG or OCUK when it comes to getting this product into the hands of paying customers lol...

I wonder how much interest OCUK has made on every ones £££ having taken the money upfront for months, and as a business they would not have settled any invoices with LG until after taking delivery of units, so it's all free money to them.....

Personally, people should hold onto their money and let it work for them, not a business....

If OCUK want to do whats right, IMO they should give everyone a £25 refund who has been waiting over 2 months. Goodwill goes a long way. No doubt, a couple small packs Haribo will be given in it's place :)

Associate
That's £83k they've been sitting on for providing nothing. Remember it's LG that are not delivering though, vaporware and a fantastic marketing scheme.

All the reviews say how good it is, everybody waiting months for a monitor that's not arriving and in the mean time not spending their money on monitors that do exist.

Can it live up to the hype?

Associate
I am sure it will deliver a decent experience, for the tech involved and included, and given quality and performance. But I feel in this current market, £299 is a more suitable price point given whats on offer. I mean, it's just a 27 inch monitor, 1440p 144hz and IPS....

These are all old well established techs, nano ips nonsense does not drive a price up that high.

It's just pricing things as they appear to make sense in the market, and based on what they think people will pay for it. If you want real value, and you get what you pay for, I feel people need to start moving onto and considering OLED Displays. Notice I do not call it a "TV", I feel things have moved along so far, with such high quality that a "TV" is just another "feature" of a display. So if an OLED display like the C9 ticks all the boxes you need as far as a monitor goes, then having the functionality of a TV built in is just added value.

Just how I currently feel, regarding the drip feeding of tech into the dedicated monitor market, whilst still charging TOP DOLLAR for OLD TECH with MINIMAL innovation, all whilst an obvious decline in Quality Control etc etc...

OcUK Staff
OP
Had an update on stock!

All being well should be able to fulfil about half of pre-orders this week and the other half before the end of the month!

The first half of the stock is landing today at distributor and so should be with us tomorrow.

The other half is scheduled to land over the two weeks after that.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I'm buying all of them and trying to speed anything up where I can!

Soldato
Had an update on stock!

All being well should be able to fulfil about half of pre-orders this week and the other half before the end of the month!

The first half of the stock is landing today at distributor and so should be with us tomorrow.

The other half is scheduled to land over the two weeks after that.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I'm buying all of them and trying to speed anything up where I can!

If I were to order one and for whatever reason, It can't be delivered by the end of the month, Would you be willing to hold onto it for a few weeks until I come back from offshore. I'm concerned it would be sent for delivery and no one would be available to sign for it.

Back
Top Bottom