Battlefield 6

Soldato
They need to come back to modernish times. Their idea of forgotten or unknown battles was stupid and shortsighted. Go 20 years in the future.

Not sure I quite agree with 20 years in the future, but definitely think they need to come forward in time. In the two weeks I've had a PC again, have mostly played BF4 because I'm not a fan of the WWX point in time in games.

I never even got to play BF4, but it seems like that just built on the good things from BF3. Regarding the TTK issues and the whole 5.2 patch for BFV, I saw that Dice has come out and said they are going to tweak stuff again and remove the awful new spotting system. Any idea when this will release?

Still very tempted by BFV, as looking at the pacific maps is giving me some serious nostalgia.

I played BFV for the first time last night and was pretty impressed. It's refreshing to play a BF game and it all be new to me again. I need to get used to some of the movement mechanics and the weapons, but generally it looks fantastic and seemed to play absolutely fine.

Soldato
BC2 was my fav, then probably BF3 and then BF4.

Still playing BF4 a bit, haven't bothered much at all with BF1 or BFV, no real interest in old war era, no interest in future either so hopefully something current would be good.

Associate
the one thing that has killed the game is no clan servers

Our KNG servers where so popular back in BC2/bf3/bf4 with a real sense of community and lots and lots of regulars who you get to know

Associate
BF1942 has it for me due to it being the first game that could support huge 64 player battles.

BF2 was the best and very addictive.

BF2142 was quite playable but got bored quickly.

BF1 was dire. Didn't feel like BF at all to me.

BFV I have installed via my EA account. Not played yet.

Man of Honour
the one thing that has killed the game is no clan servers

Our KNG servers where so popular back in BC2/bf3/bf4 with a real sense of community and lots and lots of regulars who you get to know

Yeah - servers with good admins and a regular crowd that made up like 60% of the server population usually meant a low chance of running into cheaters or at least people using cheats to a disruptive level and those 360 degree headshotting, etc. would quickly get kicked/banned.

Public lobbies, etc. is a large part of why I rarely bother playing online these days.

Associate
bfv is good but a lot of that depends on who you play with

if you have regular friends a good squad can win a match

Soldato
Desert Combat, was the best experience I've ever had on a Battlefield game. Superior to anything DICE have done with any Battlefield engine.

EA shutting off dedicated servers support, killing modding. Didnt help, then replacing those feature of the game with unlock progression so the battlefield is nolonger balanced throwing the game away every 12ish months and making it super casual are all turn offs for me and the same I honestly havent had fun on a BF game since 3.

Maybe one of the best BF videos ever :D

Desert Combat blew my mind when it was released. I'd love to know how many hours I sank into that game. I still know some guys who play it today. BF2/Bad Company 2 and BF3 where the pinnacle. It's all been downhill from there sadly. I still have BF3 installed and occasionally pop in and play a few games.

for me the issue is the games are just too fast paced now.

i really enjoyed bf2 and even more bf2142. I really liked the titan mode, though it definitely needed improving, the idea was great and more like this is what i'd like to see. it was slower paced, being a sniped was great. i dislike the glare you give off with a decent scope now. also kill cam ffs showing your position to the person you just killed.

i can't see how they can change it as they've copied COD speed style of gameplay and i don't see them coming back from that. this whole jump, spin midair, no scope to the head stuff that COD has BF has tried to replicate. Watching jackfrags videos above all i'm seeing is zipping around like a mad man. there's no breaks at all.

i want new game modes. i want camping to be encouraged on some maps. i want AI

Soldato
for me the issue is the games are just too fast paced now.

i really enjoyed bf2 and even more bf2142. I really liked the titan mode, though it definitely needed improving, the idea was great and more like this is what i'd like to see. it was slower paced, being a sniped was great. i dislike the glare you give off with a decent scope now. also kill cam ffs showing your position to the person you just killed.

i can't see how they can change it as they've copied COD speed style of gameplay and i don't see them coming back from that. this whole jump, spin midair, no scope to the head stuff that COD has BF has tried to replicate. Watching jackfrags videos above all i'm seeing is zipping around like a mad man. there's no breaks at all.

i want new game modes. i want camping to be encouraged on some maps. i want AI
There's life outside bf and cod u know?

Back
Top Bottom