• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 2070 Super?

Soldato
Gaming X Duo! Had this before i moved to 2080. Ran virtually silent on default fan curve and got to temps of around 65c, very cool and quiet card.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo If price wasn't so much the issue, would that change which models come into play (up to, say, £600-ish)?

Budget a max of £500 on a 2070 Super, they are simply not worth more than this!

If you can stretch to around £600 ISH then buy this:

MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £629.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/MSI-...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-35Z-MS.html

RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS OC, Boost Clock: 1830MHz, Memory: 8192MB 15500MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 3072, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 3yr Wa

Only £629.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

That offers a good boost over any 2070 Super and anyone dropping £600 on a 2070 Super when you can buy that 2080 Super for £30 more would be crazy to not get the 2080 Super.

Soldato
KFA2 over the FE edition?

I'd say so.

The only time I wouldn't recomend the KFA2 is if you are on, or were planning water. You can't get a block for it as they've used larger caps.

The KFA2 is very very quiet. Possibly the quietest air GPU I've ever had. It also doesn't run too hot, so don't pay for cooling you don't need. It looks waaaay better in person than in the pics. It's actually very nicely put together.

Soldato
5700xt -
90-95% of the performance of the 2070S
for 75-80% of the price

depends what you want it for :)

I'd say so.

The only time I wouldn't recomend the KFA2 is if you are on, or were planning water. You can't get a block for it as they've used larger caps.

planning water at some point so thanks for the heads-up, I just checked on EK and they don't make a block for the KFA2.

Associate
Do NOT go for a 5700XT. There are so many people complaining about driver issues.

There was even a guy on this forum recently who did his research into the driver issues, asking people for their opinions (lots of people said go for it), received the card, then almost immediately started having the black screen problems. So he's now returning the card and going back to Nvidia.

I feel bad for people who actually do some research, hoping to avoid the issues, and then run into them anyway. The card has been available for 5 months now so I don't understand why AMD are taking so long to fix the drivers.

Soldato
Do NOT go for a 5700XT. There are so many people complaining about driver issues.

There was even a guy on this forum recently who did his research into the driver issues, asking people for their opinions (lots of people said go for it), received the card, then almost immediately started having the black screen problems. So he's now returning the card and going back to Nvidia.

I feel bad for people who actually do some research, hoping to avoid the issues, and then run into them anyway. The card has been available for 5 months now so I don't understand why AMD are taking so long to fix the drivers.

Yep that was me. Back on NVIDIA, wont look back..

Soldato
depends what you want it for :)

planning water at some point so thanks for the heads-up, I just checked on EK and they don't make a block for the KFA2.

Aye, nobody does. It would need to be specific for that card and you would need to carve into the acrylic to make space for the caps. That's where it differs. Stock card.

3mOgTQR.jpg

KFA2.

uuRXBoS.jpg

You can see what they've done. Used Electrolytic capacitors instead of solid state ones. No doubt because 1. It doesn't really need them and Nvidia overbuild everything and 2. It brings the price down loads. Hence why it's the cheapest 2070S out there. I don't mind it tbh, it's a bloody great card but yeah, forget the water.

I hate saying this, I really do, but yeah avoid AMD. They are miles behind and their cards are clocked quite high and get quite hot just out of the box. My Vega 64 was a miserable experience tbh. It performed well, but god it wasn't pleasant to live with at all.

The 2070 Super (even the cheapest one) is night and day.

Associate
OP
Just to bump this (and after looking around at stuff) I've narrowed it down to one of the following:

KFA2
Gigabyte Windforce X3
Gigabyte Gaming OC
MSI Super Ventus

Do any of these stand out? Any much quieter than the others?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom