• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I 2 run a 1080p monitor but a 240hz and in the games where i want to use all 240hz like CS or Overwatch I get all them frames and more. Just had a look on a few different reviews of Vega 64 and I saw several claiming it pulls close to 300watts and is roughly 10+ fps lower in games like Gears 5 vs the 5700 non XT.. Thing is, after a small downclock from stock 1630 to 1600 and an UV from 1200 to 1025mv while bumping the HBM to 1025mv and 1025mhz as well i had no issue getting just slightly better score than the 5700 non xt while "only" drawing 210ish watts.. Not to bad for this old dog of mine. This is when paired with a Ryzen 3600 non x and not the 9900k that they always use in reviews these days.

Haven't got round to undervolting this card yet. The new GUI for the Raedon software makes finding he undervolting area a bit harder. Is it the "TUNING" tab?

Associate
Hello, I have a V64 Red Devil with a waterblock. i tried to use the LC bios but it clocks to 1700mhz+ and then down clocks temps are 40c

HBM2 I can get it to 1175mhz even with stock bios

is there a way to stop this downclock.

i tried even 150% power on the PP table

Thanks

Associate
Dont use the LC bios, a few of us had lots of fun when we were using it for ages and then AMD did something to the drivers making the LC bios a lot worse than standard.

Associate
Here is mine, dressed in blue
48684927897_491039918c_b.jpg
Any tips for overclocking?
I cannot get the VRAM speed above 975mhz, and the auto overclocking option sets the clock speed at 1715mhz but it never hits it.

Associate
Here is mine, dressed in blue
48684927897_491039918c_b.jpg
Any tips for overclocking?
I cannot get the VRAM speed above 975mhz, and the auto overclocking option sets the clock speed at 1715mhz but it never hits it.
Using MSI afterburner the HBM speed is now at 1050mhz, however core clock is not going over 1550 even when set to 1650

Associate
You are going to have to play around a bit. For mine i have the HBM volts set to 1100. That enables me to run the HBM at 1175. For the actual graphics chip I run at 1650 with 1150 volts. I had to do loads of testing to get this stable. All this under water. The power slider is set to maximum.
The HBM memory is Samsung. I understand that the Hynix memory does not over clock aswell.

Associate
Ok makes sense. So how do I get the LC volts?
My understanding is that you will need to play about with power play tables which I know nothing about. On my card I cannot go over 1650 with out a crash. The guys on this forum that have managed to go over that have seen power and temp go through the roof even on water.

Associate
You are going to have to play around a bit. For mine i have the HBM volts set to 1100. That enables me to run the HBM at 1175. For the actual graphics chip I run at 1650 with 1150 volts. I had to do loads of testing to get this stable. All this under water. The power slider is set to maximum.
The HBM memory is Samsung. I understand that the Hynix memory does not over clock aswell.
Thanks. my power slider is set to maximum. Voltages are standard. My idea was to get it overclocked then slowly reduce voltages. So 1200 on both is the default I think? Temperature is not an issue. The card seems to peak at 65 Celsius on the standard profile, however changing any core clock or HBM clock with the default voltages does not seem to work. MSI after burner has the HBM at 1075mhz fine, but the core clock does not change

Associate
Thanks. my power slider is set to maximum. Voltages are standard. My idea was to get it overclocked then slowly reduce voltages. So 1200 on both is the default I think? Temperature is not an issue. The card seems to peak at 65 Celsius on the standard profile, however changing any core clock or HBM clock with the default voltages does not seem to work. MSI after burner has the HBM at 1075mhz fine, but the core clock does not change
Don’t use MSI afterburner use the AMD driver performance tools as the settings are more granular. Setting clocks for vega does not mean it will hit them it’s more of a guide.

Associate
I would also get hwinfo to check your hotspot temperature. To test my card I used super position which I think is made by unigen. I also used some game benchmarks as well. 1200 seems a bit high to me.

Associate
Mine with and drivers is at 1785mhz p7 1150mv and 1200mhz hbm all stable. Dx11 normal clocks are 1600 and vulkan goes to 1650mhz. It's under water so max temps are 50c. But I need more voltage to get more clocks as I'm at the limit of this bios :(

Soldato
Could someone explain to me how to lock p states in the new software?

I've just reinstalled Cities Skylines and with my Vega64 i'm getting stuttery performance on a completely empty map. According to my OSD my card isn't going anywhere near State 7 clocks and voltage.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom