• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

Associate
MS was claiming theirs is better than the ps5 I hope its not true as I am team ps this gen and hopefully next gen. PC does the job on the ms end for me.

Off topic so wont add much but XBOX is dead to me now with gamepass on PC and from what I have been reading on neogaf and resetera there is a good chance that PS5 has some very custom RT solution and is more powerful, to be honest I am sticking with PS now anyway due to more PC gaming and gamepass as I mentioned. right back to Ryzens :)

Associate
MS was claiming theirs is better than the ps5 I hope its not true as I am team ps this gen and hopefully next gen. PC does the job on the ms end for me.

Yeah same, MS consoles for me are pointless as I have a good PC. Sony exclusives on the other hand, I need to see what mind-blowing stuff their devs can do with a fixed spec of a Ryzen 8-core and 5700XT (?) level GPU, when they'll be finally unshackled from having to cater for the slow ass netbook level CPUs inside PS4/XB1.

I'm playing RDR2 right now, and whilst it's great graphically, it doesnt blow me away. There's the hint of PS4/XB1 in its design and graphics, as good as they are. It's not next level even at max settings! We gotta wait until a PS5 exclusive (with no PS4 version of course) to get a taste of next level (and yes I know PC's are far more powerful than PS5 specs, the point is PC devs cant build games ground up towards a fixed spec that's as 'high' as what's inside PS5.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

ASMedia has secured chipset orders to build X670 chipsets for Zen 3.

x670 motherboards are due to be released right at the end of 2020 with main supply in 2021.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asmedia-600-chipset-family-for-zen-3-available-in-late-2020.html

Good but expected news really.

Any idea what the 670 boards are going to bring thats puts them ahead of the 570 ones? I cant really see anything new come out. Dont think anybody expects pcie 5 or ddr5 that early so not sure what they could add.

Associate
Good but expected news really.

Any idea what the 670 boards are going to bring thats puts them ahead of the 570 ones? I cant really see anything new come out. Dont think anybody expects pcie 5 or ddr5 that early so not sure what they could add.
Lower power consumption to remove need for a fan? Maybe slightly cheaper when purpose built? Rumor says current X570 chipset is using same design as cpu IO die.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Lower power consumption to remove need for a fan? Maybe slightly cheaper when purpose built? Rumor says current X570 chipset is using same design as cpu IO die.

Yeah expected small improvements here and there but nothing too big. Might be a good shout to just buy a x570 board, update bios and slot the 4000 series straight in as it could save some cash.

Still very early days though.

Soldato
ASMedia has secured chipset orders to build X670 chipsets for Zen 3.

x670 motherboards are due to be released right at the end of 2020 with main supply in 2021.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asmedia-600-chipset-family-for-zen-3-available-in-late-2020.html

Oh..that means I'm going to have to slum it with my 9900K for another year :D, I thought I'd be moving over to Zen 3 this summer,TBH.

I guess AMD want to milk Zen 2 sales as long as possible, the tables have turned, lack of competition from Intel is making AMD lazy. The more things change the more they stay the same :p

Associate
Off topic but I heard the PS5 is the most powerful forthcoming console, from a reliable source on the interneys,

Leaks shows Xbox with more CU's than the PS5 but at a 300Mhz slower clock speed. It's all leaks though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox did have more CU's.

Soldato
Off topic but I heard the PS5 is the most powerful forthcoming console, from a reliable source on the interneys,

I wouldn't say that tbh. Sony's PS5 is pretty anenemic compared to the new Xbox. And that reflects on the indirect specs from the two companies presentations.

Sony is pretty vague, even brushed under the carpet RT at CES presentation and focused on the 3D RT sound, and that it would have exclusive games from day 1.

While MS says that the new Xbox X series (there might be 2 consoles) will have true 4K60fps (with RT mind you) and 8K30fps.
To do so reflects the GPU chips. The Xbox one is 30% bigger, regardless if it runs at bit less speed.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I wouldn't say that tbh. Sony's PS5 is pretty anenemic compared to the new Xbox. And that reflects on the indirect specs from the two companies presentations.

Sony is pretty vague, even brushed under the carpet RT at CES presentation and focused on the 3D RT sound, and that it would have exclusive games from day 1.

While MS says that the new Xbox X series (there might be 2 consoles) will have true 4K60fps (with RT mind you) and 8K30fps.
To do so reflects the GPU chips. The Xbox one is 30% bigger, regardless if it runs at bit less speed.

I thought 8K was just for video content, not actually playing games at 8k? Unless of course its games like pacman it runs at 8k :D

Yeah the order is looking like:

Most powerful Xbox > PS5 > Normal Xbox

Soldato
I thought 8K was just for video content, not actually playing games at 8k? Unless of course its games like pacman it runs at 8k :D

Yeah the order is looking like:

Most powerful Xbox > PS5 > Normal Xbox

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if MS got 2 consoles next get. One cheap to compete to the price with the PS5 and a bigger monstrocity.

Soldato
Intel have nothing to be concerned about then. Waits for steam survey slides in Intel annual report :p
But that is historic data. That is interesting, but it is sales in the last couple of years and projections that matter to investors.

Market share means nothing, they make no more money from a chip once it is sold.

Soldato
Off topic so wont add much but XBOX is dead to me now with gamepass on PC and from what I have been reading on neogaf and resetera there is a good chance that PS5 has some very custom RT solution and is more powerful, to be honest I am sticking with PS now anyway due to more PC gaming and gamepass as I mentioned. right back to Ryzens :)

This makes sense really. As it's the games they make money on. The console is nearly always a loss leader, certainly in the first years of its life.

So get the games in the hands of pc owners and remove the barrier (the console) that only cost them money.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if MS got 2 consoles next get. One cheap to compete to the price with the PS5 and a bigger monstrocity.

All the rumours seem to point that way. Personally im a playstation player, so its a shame it wont be as powerful, as long as it can play 4k at 60+ fps I dont think it will matter

Soldato
But that is historic data. That is interesting, but it is sales in the last couple of years and projections that matter to investors.

Market share means nothing, they make no more money from a chip once it is sold.

Steam is made up mostly of laptop users and banned duplicate Chinese accounts. The data is interesting but also irrelevant. That said Intel have hired Nvidia marketing guys so I expect cringe and spin.

Back
Top Bottom