Harry and Meghan to resign

Man of Honour
Wonder if on fathers day Harry sends 2 cards, an official one and a factual one. Bit like Lizzie's 2 birthdays which is utterly dumb.

It's not utterly dumb. It started a few hundred years ago when a king's birthday was in the winter and he decided it would be more considerate to have his official birthday in better weather for all the other people involved. It became tradition and has stuck. It also gives the monarch a chance to have their real birthday as a person as well as having a birthday as a public figure. It's a bit of an odd pretence, but it serves a real purpose.

Caporegime
It's not utterly dumb. It started a few hundred years ago when a king's birthday was in the winter and he decided it would be more considerate to have his official birthday in better weather for all the other people involved. It became tradition and has stuck. It also gives the monarch a chance to have their real birthday as a person as well as having a birthday as a public figure. It's a bit of an odd pretence, but it serves a real purpose.

So its not an actual birthday so why not rename it to something that actually makes sense? Public celebration of her birthday or something. Already knew what the reason was for it just seems strange to say she has 2 birthdays.

Associate
So its not an actual birthday so why not rename it to something that actually makes sense? Public celebration of her birthday or something. Already knew what the reason was for it just seems strange to say she has 2 birthdays.

Or they could just call it her birthday, which has absolutely no downsides other than the fact that you seem to take exception to it.

Caporegime
He is a spitting image of Charles and the family resemblance in older relations is there as well.

Dunno, you could say the same about a certain Army officer in the side profile ones... in the black and white ones of him and Charles and Phillip Harry has a different nasal bridge.

At least he can fly a helicopter! :D

True, not that that counts for much in this context... but beyond being a company director (something that might never happen) - perhaps a more pressing matter re: those a-levels is Canada's immigration system, I'm not sure he currently qualifies (unless helicopter pilot is massively in demand - and even then I wonder if he'd need civilian qualifications too beyond his military ones?). He doesn't seem likely to qualify based on academics at least.

Perhaps his wife can qualify under some visa program for actors/sports people etc.. (the US has them at least so assuming Canada might have something similar) and perhaps he can tag along as her spouse.

Soldato
Dunno, you could say the same about a certain Army officer in the side profile ones... in the black and white ones of him and Charles and Phillip Harry has a different nasal bridge.

True, not that that counts for much in this context... but beyond being a company director (something that might never happen) - perhaps a more pressing matter re: those a-levels is Canada's immigration system, I'm not sure he currently qualifies (unless helicopter pilot is massively in demand - and even then I wonder if he'd need civilian qualifications too beyond his military ones?). He doesn't seem likely to qualify based on academics at least.

Perhaps his wife can qualify under some visa program for actors/sports people etc.. (the US has them at least so assuming Canada might have something similar) and perhaps he can tag along as her spouse.
Couldn't he just buy himself in? Not sure if that's a thing in Canada though. Realistically I don't think he's going to have too many problems, simply because of who he is.

Caporegime
Couldn't he just buy himself in? Not sure if that's a thing in Canada though. Realistically I don't think he's going to have too many problems, simply because of who he is.

I think they do have some sort of investor/start up visa thing... but then again is that going to be part of his deal - can he directly just set up a company quite blatantly like that. Like it would be one thing to have a ltd company to collect money from sponsorship deals etc... it might be a bit of a different thing to set up some start up/business complete with employees beyond say assistants/PR types etc..

I'm not sure who he is necessarily counts - Canada is still a country with immigration laws, having a title isn't an opt out from the law.

I reckon the easiest thing would be to rely on Megan - I mean she'd be eligible with her acting etc.. that sort of visa might get him in as her spouse, also she's lived there before for a few years - might even have permanent residency herself in which case presumably some deal for spouses there too...

Soldato
I think they do have some sort of investor/start up visa thing... but then again is that going to be part of his deal - can he directly just set up a company quite blatantly like that. Like it would be one thing to have a ltd company to collect money from sponsorship deals etc... it might be a bit of a different thing to set up some start up/business complete with employees beyond say assistants/PR types etc..

I'm not sure who he is necessarily counts - Canada is still a country with immigration laws, having a title isn't an opt out from the law.

I reckon the easiest thing would be to rely on Megan - I mean she'd be eligible with her acting etc.. that sort of visa might get him in as her spouse, also she's lived there before for a few years - might even have permanent residency herself in which case presumably some deal for spouses there too...
I have a feeling that being royalty will still count for something, as ridiculous as that is.

Caporegime
I have a feeling that being royalty will still count for something, as ridiculous as that is.

What though? How? There would be instant uproar/negative publicity if any rules were disregarded for them. They'd have to either do the 6 months thing or do it legally - if they live there illegally/Canada just decides not to enforce it's immigration laws then various Canadian politicians would be kicking off in parliament - not the sort of risk the Queen would want to take.

Soldato
Reading more in to it, he could quite legally spend 6 months there and 6 months somewhere else without a visa so I assume they will go that route. He does apparently have quite a high approval rating in Canada according to the bbc.

Soldato
I know nothing about the Royals, I tend to avoid tabloids etc. so I haven't heard anything much about these two until this story about them leaving the Royal Family popped up.

I'm pretty neutral here and don't really care what they do, but so far in this thread, I've seen a lot of people insulting them both with little or nothing to substantiate it.

Claims of 'provoking rage', 'traitor', 'golddigger' etc. and the worst I've seen is a minor social faux pas where she possibly interrupted Harry? Or was it his faux pas for not introducing her? Whenever they're asked for proof they just deflect, looking at you especially .Lethal.

It seems that a lot of people buy into the rubbish peddled by Murdoch and his ilk.

Soldato
The reason I have you on ignore, btw, is that your "contributions" to every thread are simply, "You don't know jack." And nothing to ever back up your unquestionable authority on everything.

It's tedious.

Perhaps instead of constantly trying to dismiss others and trot out put-downs and one-liners, you could actually contribute something of value? I won't hold my breath, tho. You're just another troll seeking to boost their own ego by trying to look smart on the internet. You're one of millions. Perhaps resolve your issues that cause you to constantly seek to one-up others, on a forum where literally nobody cares?

You clearly know nothing about anything ;) Because I say so. Look - so easy isn't it. So low-effort to trot out that kind of crap. Anyway don't bother replying you're back on ignore. I occasionally take you off to see if you've climbed down off your high horse, but you never do.

Perhaps if you attempted to educate yourself on the subjects you’re discussing before making foolish, incorrect statements then you’d be less frustrated and prone to lashing out as a coping mechanism. Best put back on ignore now.

Back
Top Bottom