Cost for trimming down a load of monster Leylandii trees

Soldato
OP
Hi guys sorry for the late reply.

The end property in the terrace is the last council property on the estate, when I spoke to the lady that lives in the house she said she had tried to contact Derby City Council before to get it sorted as when she had moved in they were already there. I initially tried to chase this with DCC as I was told that because it was on a council-owned property that the council could remove these.

I tried chasing for about two weeks. Got a name of a chap to contact there who after a week of back and forth all of a sudden was constantly in ''meetings'' or ''busy''. I escalated this to my local councillor detailing the situation and how ****** off I was and the next day he turned up to discuss a removal date! I won't name drop here but this guy was really on the ball and a credit to the suburb I live in.

Tied everything up and they got cut and chipped this year, here's some before/after shot:

Before:

h4FVmUo.jpg

GTDNyo4.jpg

After:

MBJp4Jl.jpg

nbP1DcU.jpg

Soldato
You got lucky they only grew as high as they did. I knew of somebody who lived next door to Leylandii trees that were easily 3.5 storeys tall. More 10 years on and the council still hasn't helped and they are definitely taller still.

All the same though, good work on managing to get something done about them.

Back
Top Bottom