Is there anything you would change on this build?

Associate
Hi,

I am looking at building a new gaming pc and have come up with the below, i all ready have a Noctua D15 cooler and a PSU.
Is there anything you would change?

Will be used for playing GTA, Fifa and Battlefield etc.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £643.21 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Soldato
Cheaper Ram.

The Team Group Dark Pro might not fit under the D15 but you can remove the top part to make it lower profile. The T-Force should be fine with the height.

Total: £214.67 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
I'd be tempted to wait for the Pure Base 500 with the mesh front. It looks ace.

I'm using a Pure Base 600, it was great to build in but it's lacking in intake space at the front.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies, I'm in no rush so got no problem waiting to be honest.
Any ideas when the pure base 500 with the mesh is due to be on sale?

And should have said i also all ready have an SSD :D

Associate
I have a ryzen 3600 and its great for games. looking at its performance in passmark its great valuve. Still not many games use more than 4 threads (I often watch HW monitor whilst playing) - but when they do you will still be sorted. I was so impressed by the ryzen 3600 that I bought another one and upgraded another PC. In my PC I did however buy a cpu cooler to keep it below 65ºC for max boost whilst not hearing the fans too loudly (depends on your case etc) but as the 3600 is so cheap you can afford a better cooler.

I got this dual fan cooler (£35) https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...duo-white-cpu-cooler-2-x-120mm-hs-074-ar.html
and have set the fan profile to being 50% fan from 20 to 60ºC and then to ramp up to 100% by 65ºC so it stays very quiet and yet keep the cpu boots to 4.2ghz

Associate
I have a ryzen 3600 and its great for games. looking at its performance in passmark its great valuve. Still not many games use more than 4 threads (I often watch HW monitor whilst playing) - but when they do you will still be sorted. I was so impressed by the ryzen 3600 that I bought another one and upgraded another PC. In my PC I did however buy a cpu cooler to keep it below 65ºC for max boost whilst not hearing the fans too loudly (depends on your case etc) but as the 3600 is so cheap you can afford a better cooler.

I got this dual fan cooler (£35) https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...duo-white-cpu-cooler-2-x-120mm-hs-074-ar.html
and have set the fan profile to being 50% fan from 20 to 60ºC and then to ramp up to 100% by 65ºC so it stays very quiet and yet keep the cpu boots to 4.2ghz
oh sorry I see that you have a D15 already

Associate
Cheaper Ram.

The Team Group Dark Pro might not fit under the D15 but you can remove the top part to make it lower profile. The T-Force should be fine with the height.

Total: £214.67 (includes shipping: £8.70)
[/QUO

good point about the RAM clearanace

I see this on OCUK website

"High RAM compatibility in single fan mode
Thanks to its recessed lower fins, the NH-D15 provides 64mm clearance for tall memory heatsinks in single fan mode, making it compatible with most high end RAM modules on the market. In dual fan mode, the NH-D15 should be used with standard height RAM (up to 32mm). Please note: In chassis with more than 165mm CPU cooler clearance, the front fan can be moved upwards to make room for memory modules taller than 32mm."

so if your case has more than 165mm cpu cooler clearance you should be able to move the front fan up - I have the 8 pack RAM and in one pc clearance was an issue so I got a smaller cooler than I would have liked.

Back
Top Bottom