No Time To Die (now contains spoilers!) Ha

Soldato
I've been quite dismissive of Billie Ellish over the years until seeing a few interviews with her popping up on YT over xmas, she's really down to earth, has her head screwed on. Seems like she writes a lot of her own material with her brother, she openly admits the audience she's catering to and understands that in a few years she probably won't be around. She says she's riding the wave of success while it's here as she doesn't know what will happen next.

All that said, i'm not a fan of her music, hasn't changed my view on that.

Associate
I dont' personally listen to her stuff but far as production and ideas go her music is vastly more interesting than the majority of pop music, she reminds me of Lorde (first album) in that respect. Im genuinely quite surprised that an artist with this type of subdued sound could become as big as she has done in an age where horribly overproduced cheese ridden plastic sounding pop music dominates.

Id be more pleased with my kids listening to the likes of Billie Ellish, Lorde, Lana Del Rey than the likes of Taylor Swift or whatever.

Last edited:
Soldato
Id be more pleased with my kids listening to the likes of Billie Ellish, Lorde, Lana Del Rey than the likes of Taylor Swift or whatever.
Indeed. I listened to some of her stuff for the first time yesterday. Some good, some bad.

I might be in the minority but the Sam Smith song was a belter and more a "true" Bond theme than a lot. I remember everyone was in bits over how "bad" it was at the time but in retrospect it's actually fantastic.

Soldato
Bond has gone fully woke for this one so I would expect nothing less. Hans Zimmer has written it, so I can almost imagine it already lol.

Oh John Barry, God rest your soul.

Soldato
She'll bring in a new generation. Must be paying her a fortune.
I doubt it. It's a much bigger deal for her than it is them. Eon could get anyone they wanted to do a Bond score, yet they've chosen her. It's quite smart really, as said above she'll bring in a totally different type of audience.

Hans Zimmer has written it, so I can almost imagine it already lol.
Um, pretty sure he's writing the score and not the theme.

Soldato
They've got an Oscar India era V8 Aston in it, so the whole rest of the film might be trash and I'm still excited to see it.

I had a 1981 Aston V8 Vantage as my wedding car and it was epic.

Caporegime
Well possibly Bond 26 will be a woman, she is supposedly using the 007 title in this movie.

Lesbian too? Yey feminists!

Jemima Bond.

Imagine the outcry if men took leading women character roles, Larry Croft, Alan Ripley, Barry Bradshaw, Luke Ricardo, Terry Poppins etc

Can't see it happening, not with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson in charge.

And as I expected: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/bond-producers-character-not-female-no-time-to-die/

With the 25th official Bond film, No Time To Die, headed to our screens this April, it's only natural that producers and franchise overseers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are out doing publicity. And, talking to Variety, they are firm on what they see as the future for the character in a post-Daniel Craig world: diverse, but always male.

"He can be of any colour, but he is male,” she says. "I believe we should be creating new characters for women — strong female characters. I’m not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that."

Soldato
At least that'll shut up the gammon anti-woke fear-mongerers now and they can go back to quietly worrying that he might be black next time. lol.

Caporegime
Along with all the other famous black action movie characters like:

Indiana Jones
Dirty Harry
John McClane
Rambo
Rocky
The Terminator
Bruce Wayne/Batman
Captain Kirk
Jason Bourne
Neo
Ethan Hunt
Wolverine
Snake Pliskin
Jack Sparrow

Oh wait, those were white guys.

Sorry...maybe white guys could play Blade, or Axel Foley....or ummmm....help me out here?

Permabanned
I told you all Broccoli was a nut job... James Bond can NOT be white? Well It is simple Barbara he is Scottish and Scots are a white race. Anything else is propoganda or ignorance. And i am sure many Scots would agree looking in the mirror.

Last edited:
Soldato
he is Scottish and Scots are a white race. Anything else is propoganda or ignorance. And i am sure many Scots would agree looking in the mirror.

Wowsers.

Would you like to guess what country the very first black international footballer played for?

I mean, just to ignore that only one of the actors to play Bond so far has even been Scottish anyway.

Associate
At least that'll shut up the gammon anti-woke fear-mongerers now and they can go back to quietly worrying that he might be black next time. lol.

Actually lol'd at that.

If Bond can be black then Marvel's Black Panther can also be white right?
I told you all Broccoli was a nut job... James Bond can NOT be white? Well It is simple Barbara he is Scottish and Scots are a white race. Anything else is propoganda or ignorance. And i am sure many Scots would agree looking in the mirror.

Oh my. Character can be whatever race he/she needs to be as long as it makes sense within the context of the story and setting. So no, Black Panther, the African prince/king of a closed of society in the middle of Africa can't be white. James Bond, a British spy in 2020 - of course he could be black!

Permabanned
You're all conflating genetic Scottish vs. national Scottish.

Now hang on, Black Panther is from a country where only black people live so he has to be black.

Oh gee so because no Whites went to Africa they can never claim a icon thiers while all the world can claim ours? Scottish is a white only race i am part Scot or Ulster Scots and it is outrageous they say Bond can be of any color... He was wrote as a Scot and it is basically theft of a tv icon if they try to make a black bond but you can smell they want a black bond here is what she said.

"James Bond can be of any colour, but he is male,"

That is a lie, If he can be any color and it is Bond and not a 007 then they are saying so can Scots. Again another left wing lie. You cannot just move somewhere and instantly be part of a thousands of years old genetic pool and languistical group.

Soldato
@Rofflay Bond movies are now set in the present day. Are you saying if you walk into Glasgow tomorrow you won't encounter a single black Scotsman?

Just checking what level of stupid you're arguing at. Ta.

Permabanned
@Rofflay Bond movies are now set in the present day. Are you saying if you walk into Glasgow tomorrow you won't encounter a single black Scotsman?

Just checking what level of stupid you're arguing at. Ta.

That is Globalism, Sadly it does not make you a Scot if you move to Scotland. And you say i am stupid, You then are a London brainwashed sheep who has swallowed everything some dumb gender and race studies professor has taught him.

Black Scots, Since when? 1000AD? 1200 1600? More like 1960 to 2019 it is practically a spot on the timeline of the Scots. Indeed until the Plantation everyone i know lived in the Lowlands and no one is black. And when i went to Scotland up in Dundee yes i did see people who were from Pakistan but i never seen a black Scotsman no.

Back
Top Bottom