8 PACK MEMORY DEALS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAVE A GREAT 2020 GUYS !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
did what you said with the ram and this just happened again while i was watching a movie. new ssd arrives tomorrow and hopefully will fix it.

dd1cc429e1bddef90bd6ab0c748a9847.png

OK cool well either the SSD or RAM is certainly faulty I'd say. Let us know if SSD resolves the issue. :)

Associate
I really do recommend you try the dram calculator 3733MHz safe settings. So far it works very well for me. I even lowered the voltage from the recommended 1.4v to 1.38v and it passes all the tests. Only test it needs to pass now is the test of time.

Remember to go manually change the infinity fabric speed also just to be sure.

There are two versions of this ram, one taller than the other. The shorter one should fit, not sure about the taller one.

32gb ones might be like that because running 4 sticks it is sometimes harder to achieve stability.

Both 3200 c14 and 3600 c16 are from the same batch of RAM, just different XMP settings from what I understand. That is why I went with the cheaper 3200 and manually changed it to 3733 c16 and run it like that at 1.38v.

thanks is this the lower ram if so woul you get 3200 CAS 14-14-14-31 Timing or 3600 CAS 16-16-16-36 Timings with 4 memory sticks for 32gb ? or owuld you only get that with 2 sticks becasue of how AMD motherboards works

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...ual-channel-kit-black-my-08q-tg.html#comments

are these the same height as the G-skill Neo memory as they fit ?

also what is the difference between the Team group xtreem edition and the Team group Edition as all i can see one has bigger heatsinks than the other

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
Will the prices come down ? As I noticed they have went up and wanting to buy some but noticed it’s went up a lot.

Maybe a small decrease but they won't be back to previous offers sorry, the boat has sailed now and the prices are going up every week on SSD and memory.

Associate
Maybe a small decrease but they won't be back to previous offers sorry, the boat has sailed now and the prices are going up every week on SSD and memory.

Ok thanks I will keep an eye on them. And maybe might get them when that small decrease happens. Lol.
Thanks.

I did find a post on here with someone with a dark rock pro and these and seem to just fit. Will try and find it and post it here

Ree

Ree

Associate
Ok thanks I will keep an eye on them. And maybe might get them when that small decrease happens. Lol.
Thanks.

I did find a post on here with someone with a dark rock pro and these and seem to just fit. Will try and find it and post it here

both me and TNA have the dark rock pro 4 and this ram fits mate. you just need to take the fan off to install in slots 2 and 4 but for four sticks you'll deffo need to remove the cooler first to get to the first slot.

Ree

Ree

Associate
well new ssd is installed with windows just need to play games and do what i normally do and see if that is it sorted which i really hope it is.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
well new ssd is installed with windows just need to play games and do what i normally do and see if that is it sorted which i really hope it is.
Hopefully that solves your problem man. After that get the ram working on 3733 CL16 and set IF to 1866. Got my 3200 kit working rock solid like that so far at 1.38v :)

Ree

Ree

Associate
Hopefully that solves your problem man. After that get the ram working on 3733 CL16 and set IF to 1866. Got my 3200 kit working rock solid like that so far at 1.38v :)

been a bit of a saga but with any luck that is it. if not i'll need to return the ram unfortunately which is a bummer.

Associate
both me and TNA have the dark rock pro 4 and this ram fits mate. you just need to take the fan off to install in slots 2 and 4 but for four sticks you'll deffo need to remove the cooler first to get to the first slot.

Thanks.

Does it matter which to go for the 3200 or 3600 then becasue there the same from with different XMP profiles but whihc typ are these 3600 downcloked or 3200 overclocked ?. Is it still ok to go 32gb on all slots on AMD motherboards as I am looking at the gigabyte master. I am sure the memory runs slower when using all 4 slots or is it just you can not overclock it ?

Would You be able to get 3733 cl16 1:1 with all 4 slots used or just the two slots, As I am thinking of going 32gb ram as I am not sure if that’s overkill as I am not to sure what games and programs would use 32gb ram. Just thinking of the future.

Is it best to go 16gb now and wait and in the future go for 2 sticks of 16gb = 32gb When the 2 sticks of 16gb are cheaper and replace the 2 sticks of 8gb stick.

would 32gb make my system a lot slower than using 2 sticks of ram and would that only effect gaming and not other software.

If Iwent for 32gb would overclockers make sure it’s form same batch since it would be two boxes of 2x8.

sorry for all the questions but never went AMD before and its been 10 years since my last build

thanks

Last edited:
Associate
@Meridiusuk I've got 4 sticks of Team Group 3200 running at 3600 with no problem, passed the PassMark MemTest this morning. Using the ASUS TUF X570 wifi board with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler - seems like only about 1/2 mm clearance, but it isn't touching!

I don't know about 3733 have not tried that yet, I tried 3800 / IF 1900 but system would not post...

Associate
since there is two types of ram 3600 and 3200 and everyones saying its the same ram just with the xmp profile changed what would the ram realy be

3600 true 3600 0r 3600 down clocked to 3200 for the 3200 pack 0r
3200 true 3200 or 3200 overclocked to 3600 to sell as 2600 pack

or does it not matter as i find it strange to be both the same memory with just a different XMP profile as the 3600 mem is more money than the 3200, is the 3600 kit not better memory to make sure it gets to 3600 ?

just dont understand the pricing

Which is the better bin 3200 or 3600 or it’s just the same ram

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
since there is two types of ram 3600 and 3200 and everyones saying its the same ram just with the xmp profile changed what would the ram realy be

3600 true 3600 0r 3600 down clocked to 3200 for the 3200 pack 0r
3200 true 3200 or 3200 overclocked to 3600 to sell as 2600 pack

or does it not matter as i find it strange to be both the same memory with just a different XMP profile as the 3600 mem is more money than the 3200, is the 3600 kit not better memory to make sure it gets to 3600 ?

just dont understand the pricing

Which is the better bin 3200 or 3600 or it’s just the same ram
Kind of hard to explain any further really. What I can say is according to Gibbo it is from the same bin. Obviously chip lottery will play a part in what you get. Someone with a 3200 kit might end up with a much better overclocking ram than someone who paid more for a 3600 or vice versa.

If you want to know exactly why there is a difference in price, only Gibbo can tell you that.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Thanks.

Does it matter which to go for the 3200 or 3600 then becasue there the same from with different XMP profiles but whihc typ are these 3600 downcloked or 3200 overclocked ?. Is it still ok to go 32gb on all slots on AMD motherboards as I am looking at the gigabyte master. I am sure the memory runs slower when using all 4 slots or is it just you can not overclock it ?

Would You be able to get 3733 cl16 1:1 with all 4 slots used or just the two slots, As I am thinking of going 32gb ram as I am not sure if that’s overkill as I am not to sure what games and programs would use 32gb ram. Just thinking of the future.

Is it best to go 16gb now and wait and in the future go for 2 sticks of 16gb = 32gb When the 2 sticks of 16gb are cheaper and replace the 2 sticks of 8gb stick.

would 32gb make my system a lot slower than using 2 sticks of ram and would that only effect gaming and not other software.

If Iwent for 32gb would overclockers make sure it’s form same batch since it would be two boxes of 2x8.

sorry for all the questions but never went AMD before and its been 10 years since my last build

thanks

to be honest mate my knowledge is very limited on this ram as av only just got it. there is a big thread on the forum about it which could help. here is the link https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-black.18787253/page-50

sorry i cant be more helpful.

Ree

Ree

Associate
no blue screens yesterday and left machine on all night too (happened when idle as well), think it was the ssd after all. hope av not just jinxed it lol.

Last edited:
Associate
to be honest mate my knowledge is very limited on this ram as av only just got it. there is a big thread on the forum about it which could help. here is the link https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-black.18787253/page-50

sorry i cant be more helpful.

Thanks. I noticed a few people having some problems getting 3200 to 3600, not everyone but some. have a feeling the 3600 ram is down clocked to 3200 cl14. Or the 3600 is

Sorry so u use both the fans ? Or just the one ? Or do I have to move the fan up and is it in line with the top of the heat sink.

Think I am going to buy 32gb later today while its on offer

Ree

Ree

Associate
Thanks. I noticed a few people having some problems getting 3200 to 3600, not everyone but some. have a feeling the 3600 ram is down clocked to 3200 cl14. Or the 3600 is

Sorry so u use both the fans ? Or just the one ? Or do I have to move the fan up and is it in line with the top of the heat sink.

Think I am going to buy 32gb later today while its on offer

yeah i use both fans i actually used even taller ram in all four slots before i changed mobo etc i had to raise the fans to the highest fin on the heatsink but with this ram i didn't have to do that.

i would get in quick mate as gibbo is saying prices are gonna go up then they certainly will be.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
no blue screens yesterday and left machine on all night too (happened when idle as well), think it was the ssd after all. hope av not just jinxed it lol.
Good to hear. You running on XMP right now?

Don’t forget to give the settings I mentioned to you a go at some point. Would be a bit of a waste running these XMP. There is quite a bit of boost in performance to be had and I did not push mine anywhere near the edge of what it is capable of as I like to give hardware a little breathing room and ensure complete stability together with less wear on hardware.

Ree

Ree

Associate
Good to hear. You running on XMP right now?

Don’t forget to give the settings I mentioned to you a go at some point. Would be a bit of a waste running these XMP. There is quite a bit of boost in performance to be had and I did not push mine anywhere near the edge of what it is capable of as I like to give hardware a little breathing room and ensure complete stability together with less wear on hardware.

yeah running xmp at moment. i'll have a little tinker in a day or so once i definitely know everything is ok (i think it will be).

Back
Top Bottom