PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Caporegime
I'm on your side here DG, but that sounds ominous.

On the other hand, I kinda get it. You have to change to keep current and fresh and if that means binning off a map then so be it I guess...it'd be real sacrilege if they deleted Erangel, given that was the map that started it all and its a massive step to take, but we don't have full access to their roadmap so its hard to judge.

Maybe if they took off map selection it'd work....but then would you get people constantly leaving the lobby because they haven't got the map they wanted?

i really dont believe miramar is more popular than vikendi but..when you think about miramar look at all the work thats gone into it two reworkings and its a popular comp map. erangel is the home map and sanhok is the most popular. i think they will just put on rotation maybe miramar and vikendi. will 100 percent change how much i play if i cant play vikendi. its my fav map so will play pubg less. which is kinda gutting. all for a 2x2 cod style map. stupid.

hopefully they reconsider doubt it but you never know.

Caporegime
its not even about the maps but mainly about splitting people more between maps which means less people on each maps and more waiting time to get enough players which basically make people leave the game. so rather than risk that and gain players they bringing in a small hectic map for those that want action instantly. bet the chinese cheaters eyes just lit up . imagine what it will be like robocop vs terminator on there lol.

Karakin is the name of the new map.

Caporegime
they arent fully removing vikendi from whats being dripped out but rotating it. the thing is why ? the notes for the patch should explain this soon.

Associate
Lots of info out this morning

Notes here, apparently on test server now: https://www.pubg.com/2020/01/14/update-6-1/

Vikendi confirmed to be rotated out for Karakin.

- Karakin is a 64 map
- Black Zone only available in Karakin, levels buildings into smoking ruins.
- The hazard is random: towns and compounds can be undamaged, totally flattened, and everything in between.
- The mix of buildings and ruins evolves in real time throughout the match: Meaning don’t always expect that building you run to for cover to be there late in the match.
- Certain walls and floors have breach points which can be destroyed with Sticky Bombs
- We’ve hidden many secret areas for those players with a spare Sticky Bomb or two, and a keen nose for loot

Also RIP 6k dream, so close but underestimated the final push and ran out of time :( Congrats on 6K @DG

Dg8bAnS.png

Associate
w7nqpsphkva41.jpg

Caporegime
i guess will have to try it first. could be great. gunna miss vikendi though.

ended the season well pretty try hard but was fun also.when you get your avg position down to 2 you know you doing something right.

Soldato
Quite a negative and muted response to this, I'm totally hyped about what they are doing. Think the destruction looks really fun! Love the idea of the black zone, and what they are saying about map rotations makes perfect sense if you want to keep growing your userbase. Gliders now arrived in latest patch which is cool too!

Seems like they will be undertaking a more major overhaul of Vikendi anyway, which makes sense, the latest version of it felt very much unfinished and unpolished - they just removed buildings and smoothed over the leftover footprints - but places like Volnova didn't really fit very well - it was unpolished to say the least!

Bring it on season 6!

Caporegime
okay just had 3 games on the new map. won two back to back. its very easy sorta like apex. which i despise. it will get boring very quickly kinda even more annoyed now that we lost vikendi for this. to rotation. already pretty bored of it after a few games. imagine after weeks or a month. hope the wins arent counted to normal win rate either.

Caporegime
Got rid of Vikendi? Went from 100 players to 64 on this new map? No wonder why so many people are moving to EFT.

many bandwagon people who are basically **** at pubg have jumped ship yeah. :p

you look at the tarkov thread and whos playing speaks volumes. :D

also many big streamers on the bandwagon for views. lets see how it does in a few months.

Soldato
I'm getting a bit bored of PUBG :(

Gotta mix it up a bit more mate!

I got a cheap cd key for Fifa 20 (I know, I know....) so gonna try playing that a bit and only really play PUBG around 3 times per week tops and its always really fresh.

I think the other thing with PUBG is that I forgot to have fun with this game. For a while I got too focussed on K/D and trying to win all the time...when really, the proper highlights are the messing about and setting up ambushes!

Soldato
The new map is ok but will get boring with in a few weeks and they removed Vikendi for this. The BlueBalls devs really do not have a clue and the reason they are losing player base to other games..

I'm glad the new CoD is good to keep me going.

Back
Top Bottom