• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Apologies to everyone else, this is going to be a long post.

So you accuse me of making things up. Well, let's see who is right and who is wrong shall we? I am going to post the things you say I am making up in BOLD and directly quote where you said it. We start now.

You thought TVs filled in missing details in the picture. Then posted up settings that were to do with SD TV.

You thought TVs filled in missing details and then you posted the following.

You didn't have a clue what any of those setting were for.

Next proof.

You claimed Nvidia used poor texture compression called ASTC and that proved Nvidia had bad image quality.

More laughs for me, ASTC texture compression is only for mobile processors. Next.

You say you are sensitive to GeForce images, but when Vince put up two screenshots from his Nvidia and AMD Laptop you couldn't tell the difference

Vince in post no. 889 put up two screenshots, you didn't even try to guess which was which even though you claim your "sensitive to Geforce images" Which leads to my next proof.

You were using settings that your 8400 couldn't handle in Counter Strike which is the reason there was fog while you were playing. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.

In the last statement I quoted from you, you complained about whitish fog, when Stooeh asked you what whitish fog you replied with two screenshots from counter strike.

Check post no. 924 for the actual screenshots. The whitish fog on your 8400 Laptop isn't because Nvidia has bad image quality, it's because your laptop can't handle that game using Dx9.0.

And lastly.

You didn't have your external monitor setup with the correct resolution. But you blame Nvidia for bad image quality.

A couple of days ago you claimed that the Nvidia's image quality was terrible when you connected your laptop to an external monitor. I said it was more than likely user error and that you used the wrong resolution or made some other mistake. Your reply was.

I didn't make up anything, it's just another day where you are completely wrong.
+1

4K8K pwnd once again! :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Good post that Melmac but he won't read it.
He likely does read it actually. He has me on ignore and regularly replies to my posts none the less :D

Basically he just does not respond as he has nothing to respond with. All he does when he has lost is accuse people of being a troll. Lol.

Man of Honour
He likely does read it actually. He has me on ignore and regularly replies to my posts none the less :D

Basically he just does not respond as he has nothing to respond with. All he does when he has lost is accuse people of being a troll. Lol.

I'm not sure at this point whether his memory is defective or he actively filters out anything that doesn't agree with what he said as only a few days go past and he will repost the same stuff even when it has been conclusively discredited.

Soldato
4K should just sell his PC, Laptop and get a console. Then there is nothing to complain about. Though he might still post in this thread about how AMD co sole has better image than GeForce PC so who knows

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm not sure at this point whether his memory is defective or he actively filters out anything that doesn't agree with what he said as only a few days go past and he will repost the same stuff even when it has been conclusively discredited.
Yeah. I am going to lay of him going forward as something is definitely not right, this is not how a person with a mentally sound mind acts. Mods and admins seem happy with him spreading misinformation all over this forum, so I will let him have at it.

Soldato
Yeah. I am going to lay of him going forward as something is definitely not right, this is not how a person with a mentally sound mind acts. Mods and admins seem happy with him spreading misinformation all over this forum, so I will let him have at it.

I think I will do the same. It's getting silly now. Just going to ignore his posts going forward.

Permabanned
I cannot for the life of me understand how this thread is 54 pages long. 53 of those are someone ignoring blatant evidence opposing what he believes and continuing to tell us his old,sellotaped laptop with an ancient GPU is the word of God

Kind of feel sorry for the dude as I think there's more going on for him than this but he is *not* making it easy for himself. This was pretty much put to bed 52 pages ago but hes still shouting at clouds (or white mist) outside.

Soldato
I cannot for the life of me understand how this thread is 54 pages long. 53 of those are someone ignoring blatant evidence opposing what he believes and continuing to tell us his old,sellotaped laptop with an ancient GPU is the word of God

Kind of feel sorry for the dude as I think there's more going on for him than this but he is *not* making it easy for himself. This was pretty much put to bed 52 pages ago but hes still shouting at clouds (or white mist) outside.

Just rename the thread to "Old man yells at cloud"

Soldato
OP
Tbh this thread is way past its date. This issue here is nothing more than AMD Vs Nvidia default out of box setting.

Now I can not disagree with everything they is genuine people in here that have switched between the two manufacturers and say they notice amd is better image.

So who knows what is what

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tbh this thread is way past its date. This issue here is nothing more than AMD Vs Nvidia default out of box setting.

Now I can not disagree with everything they is genuine people in here that have switched between the two manufacturers and say they notice amd is better image.

So who knows what is what
But there are genuine people who have switched and said the opposite too no?

It is just different colours out of the box. Any other possible difference is so minor that no one apart from the hardcore amd fan's care imo. Kind of reminds me of people who genuinely believe the earth is flat :p

End of the day, all you have to do is ask the question, would AMD not be all over this if it were true?

Caporegime
Not only wuld AMd be all over it but Nvidia drivers would fail MS certification. DX specifies in detail exactly the precison of output required for all functions in the API. The output of the framebuffer has to be exact to a framebuffer within any limits of floating point arithmetic. There simply isn't any scope to change the image quality of the internal rendering. Anyone talking about compression or drivers not rendering anything are taking complete BS. The differences are simply in the output and how each IGV defines their color space, contrast, WB, gamma defaults.

Nvidia aim for a more professional look, AMD go for an overly saturated look like TVs in a salesroom. Both can be made to look like the other within 30secodns of driver settings

Soldato
OP
Not only wuld AMd be all over it but Nvidia drivers would fail MS certification. DX specifies in detail exactly the precison of output required for all functions in the API. The output of the framebuffer has to be exact to a framebuffer within any limits of floating point arithmetic. There simply isn't any scope to change the image quality of the internal rendering. Anyone talking about compression or drivers not rendering anything are taking complete BS. The differences are simply in the output and how each IGV defines their color space, contrast, WB, gamma defaults.

Nvidia aim for a more professional look, AMD go for an overly saturated look like TVs in a salesroom. Both can be made to look like the other within 30secodns of driver settings

I do need to disagree with you here. AMD default settings are very natural colour to them and are defo not over saturated. Nvidia out of box is farcry from a professional look LOL Come on DP please they not even using the correct PC colour range at all its TV range for TVs not PC how the hell is that "PROFESSIONAL"

Here are some screenshots from my Red Dead 2 default AMD colour

21197936759f2d9644ff7486dc5a8b7f33d9f7c5ef94561cc1e1d0f29da99e8c197141fa.jpg
069507440acdb4c0d58ef203039612da9dfcecf80cd1043f792569419c99d8d89a041f11.jpg
5423522247e690aeabfa87f492a5bd84ccfdcdacff2d9e0873ad942fceaacd1d8be8d153.jpg

Back
Top Bottom