Wireless headset recommendations

Associate
Hi all,

i have been using my hyper x cloud 2 since i built my pc and have never had any issues until now.

the cable is just annoying and gets in the way for my new desk set up.

looking to invest in a good wireless headset for gaming on the PC.

looking for recommendations.

thanks,

Jack

Last edited:
Soldato
Sennheiser has couple wireless headsets, but wireless really limits selection to awfully small... And expensive compared to wired stuff.
(not to mention batteries wearing and eventually dying)
Also if not actually needed microphone is another big selection limiter and "price expander".

And choise is pretty much limited to closed designs.
Which while necessary for noisier environment, also increases heat isolation and rising risk of ears sweating affecting long usage comfort.

the cable is just annoying
Not as annoying than noticing you've forgot to charge battery powered thing when you need it...

Soldato
Just picked up a pair of SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless today. For office and home. Seem good so far but only tried them briefly. Reviews seem pretty good. Plenty of connectivity options and also settings to fiddle with and two batteries, use one in the headphones while charging the other in the controller (DAC?), so you can have non-stop gaming for days if you so wish.
Seem very comfortable, albeit having used them for a short time only so far.
Just wish they came with a carry case.

Last edited:
Associate
Just picked up a pair of SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless today. For office and home. Seem good so far but only tried them briefly. Reviews seem pretty good. Plenty of connectivity options and also settings to fiddle with and two batteries, use one in the headphones while charging the other in the controller (DAC?), so you can have non-stop gaming for days if you so wish.
Seem very comfortable, albeit having used them for a short time only so far.
Just wish they came with a carry case.
How you getting on with these ?

Associate
I've had the Steelseries arctis pro wireless for around 8 months now and still think they are a great headset, not the cheapest out there but worth the extra in my opinion.

Soldato
How you getting on with these ?
Very good. Only used for gaming a couple of times so not set them up fully yet. Felt they lacked a bit of bass at first but like I said, I've not fully set them up for gaming yet. I've used them mostly for conference calls and they work very well over Bluetooth (long range too) and via the DAC control unit(wirelessly). Work has taken over for the moment but will use them more for gaming soon.
Pricey but am overall very happy with them and definitely good quality.
Might be worth seeing if can get them reduced in price now given the problems we're having (people less likely to spend on high end tech prodcuts). They were £299 when I was buying but managed to get them for I think £275, price matched by a local retailer to the cheapest I found online.

Last edited:
Associate
Very good. Only used for gaming a couple of times so not set them up fully yet. Felt they lacked a bit of bass at first but like I said, I've not fully set them up for gaming yet. I've used them mostly for conference calls and they work very well over Bluetooth (long range too) and via the DAC control unit(wirelessly). Work has taken over for the moment but will use them more for gaming soon.
Pricey but am overall very happy with them and definitely good quality.
Might be worth seeing if can get them reduced in price now given the problems we're having (people less likely to spend on high end tech prodcuts). They were £299 when I was buying but managed to get them for I think £275, price matched by a local retailer to the cheapest I found online.
just picked them up for basically half of this :D

Back
Top Bottom