Lian Li O11D- Mini....(latest post with AIO Up top in ATX format)

Soldato
Not doubting you but why are SFX powersupplys any good. I always buy high quality PSUs and I've never bought a SFX one before. The best I've seen on this store is the Corsair titanium 750w.

What do you mean "why"? Check out the reviews of the SF600 Platinum... it's a top quality across PSU the board and more than what most people need. I'm running one with a 2080Ti, 3600X, 32GB RAM and it's MORE than enough. There's also the SF750 for those who might need the extra juice.

Soldato
What do you mean "why"? Check out the reviews of the SF600 Platinum... it's a top quality across PSU the board and more than what most people need. I'm running one with a 2080Ti, 3600X, 32GB RAM and it's MORE than enough. There's also the SF750 for those who might need the extra juice.

650w powering your pc, fair play didn't realise you can get away with something so low.

Soldato
650w powering your pc, fair play didn't realise you can get away with something so low.

Yes, really no problems whatsoever, and I've seen plenty others doing the same. Power draw is massively exaggerated... it comes down to the PSU quality more than anything else. The fan on mine barely ever spins up either (a bonus over the Gold), so it's super silent. Great little unit, it really is.

Soldato
Thanks legend, my current PSU is way overkill then at 1000w PSU platinum. Next one won't be any higher than 750w, that's gonna save a few pennies to go to rest of build.

Going back to this case, it looks great and I can't wait to see some pictures of people's builds.

Soldato
You might exceed 600W with a Threadripper and a Radeon VII. With other single-GPU set-ups? Not likely. Your sig rig is likely pulling in the 300W-350W region. Possibly 350W-400W depending on other components and your GPU clocks.

High capacity SFX power supplies are a fairly new thing. Wasn't that long ago the SFF community consisted of people trying to underclock their hardware to get it to run on a weedy 250W PSU. There were fires :D Now there's SFX PSUs up to (IIRC) 800W, and even a 400W NanoATX supply. So pretty much anything (apart from some SLI/Crossfire set-ups) goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been running a 750 Platinum in a Louqe Ghost S1 with a 9700k and 2080Ti FE since May and the PSU is utterly silent for the majority of the time. The fan barely needs to spin up. They're seriously amazing little bits of kit these SFX PSUs.

Love this case. I'd dearly love to do a water build in one but spent enough already :cool:

Soldato
Most in-depth look yet:

Drive support: 2x 3.5" drives + 2x 2.5" drives in the rear chamber. 3x 2.5" drives in the main chamber (takes the space of the bottom radiator).

Tentative release date of April/May.

Would be great to know the dimensions. Best guess I can come up with is 380x250x400mm (HWD).

Last edited:
Soldato
According to someone working on the Overclockers counter at Stoke on Friday, this is just a concept...........cant wait for its release in April / May lol.

The fact im going to have to buy a new PSU really doesnt bother me as mines about 8 years old now, so could probably do with replacing, I went onto a PSU calculator yesterday to check out my specs, 750w minimum, recommended 850w, which doesnt exist right now, however Silverstone are about to release a 1000w SFX-L PSU and cooler Master are about to release an 850w SFX PSU, im hoping one of those are going to fit, i'll throw a 240mm rad in it, push pull fans, with an ATX board, hoping to be able to fit a Phanteks 120D distro plate at the back too, I wont need a res then, the distro plate will act as the res. but its 150mm long, so fingers crossed it will fit, I know the case fits a 120mm fan in the back no matter which board you fit, and looking a vids and picts of the case, even with a 120mm fan in the back, it looks like there is still plenty of room to move the fan up or down, so maybe there's 150mm there.

Soldato
April/May you say, keep an eye out for this.

That's what all the CES 2020 reviews are saying.

One of the reviews even said they didn't think the one they were looking at was the final product, then looked to the side at another on in a different configuration, and said I think this one is the finished product, I couldn't tell the difference lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm waiting for this case too. Already got a 750w SFX psu and an ITX board and 2x240 rad custom loop so this case will be perfect to fit all of it.

Ive got everything I need except for the case and the PSU, I need to wait for 850w or 1000w PSU, whichever comes first, everything is supposed to release in Q2 2020.

Planning on going for this one: https://wccftech.com/cooler-master-unveils-a-850w-sfx-power-supply/

Or this one: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...1kw_sfx-l_power_supply_-_small_yet_powerful/1

Soldato
OP
Ive got everything I need except for the case and the PSU, I need to wait for 850w or 1000w PSU, whichever comes first, everything is supposed to release in Q2 2020.

Planning on going for this one: https://wccftech.com/cooler-master-unveils-a-850w-sfx-power-supply/

Or this one: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...1kw_sfx-l_power_supply_-_small_yet_powerful/1

@SilverStone Saku sure you guys have 1000w on the cards ?

*** One mentioned above.

Also sure you've got plat 850w unit ?

Soldato
Soldato
@SilverStone Saku sure you guys have 1000w on the cards ?

*** One mentioned above.

Also sure you've got plat 850w unit ?

Right now I have a Superflower 1000w Plat PSU, when I went onto a PSU calc the other day, it said minimum I needed was 750w, recommended 850w, if I want some freedom / headroom, id quite happily get the 1000w, SFX-L PSU, I just need to make sure it fits fist, theres no dimensions out for the case (Internals) or the PSU's yet that ive found, im running things like a Radeon 7, 3900x, MSI Ace, 32gb G.Skill Ram, high end sound card, 3 nvme, 2 SSD, water pump, about 9 led fans, 2 led strips etc etc

Last edited:
Associate
I would be curious to see how much power your setup actually needs. Any chance you have a power consumption meter? I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 400W during heavy load.

Back
Top Bottom