**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
Soldato
Is the Ultra more or less confirmed ?, Hopefully I'm wrong but just wondering as Samsung have only historically released two tier models in the past and we all know these sort of ultra spec phones in the past have failed to materialise.

Soldato
Is the Ultra more or less confirmed ?, Hopefully I'm wrong but just wondering as Samsung have only historically released two tier models in the past and we all know these sort of ultra spec phones in the past have failed to materialise.

Samsung released three S10 models and then a 5g version with ultra specs. They do have form :)

Soldato
Unless something bad comes to light or its ridiculously over priced , I'll be going for the S20 Ultra for sure. It will be a massive upgrade from my S8 which after nearly 3 years is struggling now. I think it's going to take a while to get used to the massive size increase though!

Associate
When the S10 released, did the S9 drop in price at all? I'll probably looking at getting an S10 around May but just wondering what I can expect with this release.

Caporegime
Associate
Interesting - too hard or battery drain too much to stomach? I still run my 1080+ on my Note 9 and despite being a no holds barred phone - I can't really notice the difference in the real world.

Apparently its a limitation with the screen technology rather than a software limitation to preserve battery.

Soldato
All the camera updates sound nice, but am I the only one who hates the way Samsung processes and compresses their JPEGs? Makes my N10+ images unbearably soft compared to what the Pixel/Apple can produce. Fancy hardware, but lacking in software always seems to be the Samsung way.

Soldato
Strange as OP state that their upcoming OP8 devices will have 120hz at 2K and they're sourcing their panels from Samsung so it's definitely not limitation with regards to hardware.

Soldato
That's what I was wondering about in OP8 thread, Samsung really selling better tech to someone else rather than using it for themselves?

Suspended
If it used SD865 here in the UK I might have grabbed one of these.

But not Exynos, they just don't age well. My Note 9 is shocking in games, it struggles in games like Blades and the battery takes a huge hit.

Back
Top Bottom