Help with business / gaming laptop

Associate
Hi All,

Wondering if I could get some advice please.

I'd like to purchase a professional looking 15 inch plus laptop mostly for work but also for casual gaming.

Due to my job I don't really feel comfortable pulling out a gaming laptop with RGB keyboard and large fans etc...

I made.a mistake purchasing a HP Envy 13 thinking it would do the trick but doesn't tick the boxes.

I need a slick looking laptop, light and powerful enough to run games such as CS:GO with a budget of around £1200.

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Associate
CS:GO doesn't demand much from the newest releases of hardware, heck i can even play it on high/ultra @1080p on my £650 laptop with a rx 560x.

There are many makes of laptops as you know.

I think your budget of £1200 will indeed be plenty enough to get what you want.

I am thinking about how demanding it will be on the processor for your work as you say.

So i think a 15 inch laptop that is slim, light and powerful, so.. what is the maximum weight you want the laptop to be?

edit

What games do you plan to play on your future laptop so i can pick a laptop with a decent enough gpu, integrated or not but i think a dedicated gpu will be better.

Unless you don't mind playing gs go on low with a intergated gpu.

Dan.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You should have got the spectre x360 over the envy, I have the one with the Kaby 8705g & Vega 20cu. Mine will happily play csgo and any casual games like CIV, defence grid, no mans sky, pubg cant think what else I had installed on here but it does ok at 1080p. I mean they all work pretty well but I did have to get the heat under control with some undervolting. My other lesser machine is inferior hardware wise but games nicer than the HP because it's fat and chunky and moves a load of air.

Soldato
Just to note i'm also looking at the Spectre x360 for the same reasons.

Note: New Spectre x360 out this March so wait for those or just wait to see if second hand prices drop.

Back
Top Bottom