Microsoft Chromium Edge - Now Available to Download

Soldato
Best thing about switching to Edge imo is still the AdBlocker on the android version.

Just switched over to release Edge and pleasantly surprised how it is now compared to the earlier betas.

Soldato
wow - when edge didn't

wouldn't you use Ublock origin ? or, is it imasculated inside edge, which google/chrome is planning to do , by changing the API, and trying to force you to use 'their' Adblocker.

I couldn't find a way to use adblockers on Chrome for Android. Edge has adblock plus on the android version.

Permabanned
OP
To me this is still a beta product considering they've still got a whole host of sync features that say "coming soon" lol.

There are 4 things that requires to be turned on "History, Open Tabs, Extensions and Collections" Hardly anything to worry about as a product. You could say that these are features ready to be turned on soon. It's out of beta that's why it was released yesterday. You could say that about any product.

Soldato
I couldn't find a way to use adblockers on Chrome for Android. Edge has adblock plus on the android version.

Kiwi for Android has full desktop extensions support including uBlock Origin. ABP in Edge works but lacks a lot of features the full version has. Although Kiwi does lack sync.

However there's nothing changed with Edge for Android, it's always been based on Chromium. This release is mainly for PC, which is now in line with the Android version.

Soldato
Given this supports Windows 7, the timing is a bit odd to say the least. :p

Oh come on....this is Microsoft, you know they never think things through :p

I read the white paper this morning. It clearly states "installation of the new Edge will automatically hide the old one". Nope, no it doesn't

Permabanned
OP
They haven't done themselves any favours getting people to move from windows 7, they should put incentives on a lot more than now to get people to move over. I think it might be down to security that they decided to put MCE onto 7.

I removed IE+Edge anyway from the systems I have installed MCE onto so it's all good.

Soldato
before installing browsers, first thing to do, like windows, ("I'm catching the sightlines and looking for an exit" ) is find out how to disable auto updates;
with the investment of time, I don't want to, next day, find invalidated extensions, or just instability.

Back
Top Bottom