• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.1.2 Now Available!

This release adds support for Dragon Ball Z™: Kakarot.
This release contains stability improvements for end user reported issues.

Just got the email. Bagsy not the first to install them lol

Soldato
Well I got a 5700XT for a system I'm building for my dad, Testing it and 10 minutes into Ghost Recon Breakpoint the screen goes black, Locks up the entire system and then I need to hard reset it, Not impressed so far, Tried both the last driver and new driver, I'm seeing this mainly on 3rd party cards, Could it be an AIB issue with so many of these cards going bad ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Could it be an AIB issue with so many of these cards going bad ?

Possibly skimping on a bit of hardware? I know the reference boards from AMD are built to be top-class (part of the reason why the temp of the blowers doesn't bother me as I know the 290-series generally lasted really well for instance and they were hot as ****).

Associate
Well I got a 5700XT for a system I'm building for my dad, Testing it and 10 minutes into Ghost Recon Breakpoint the screen goes black, Locks up the entire system and then I need to hard reset it, Not impressed so far, Tried both the last driver and new driver, I'm seeing this mainly on 3rd party cards, Could it be an AIB issue with so many of these cards going bad ?

I had a couple of black screen lockups with the first revision of 2020 adrenaline. Haven't had any since the 2nd revision & currently on 20.1.1.. (reference card)

Soldato
Possibly skimping on a bit of hardware? I know the reference boards from AMD are built to be top-class (part of the reason why the temp of the blowers doesn't bother me as I know the 290-series generally lasted really well for instance and they were hot as ****).

I had a couple of black screen lockups with the first revision of 2020 adrenaline. Haven't had any since the 2nd revision & currently on 20.1.1.. (reference card)

I think that's the problem, Even though the XFX cost £50 more than a reference it feels VERY cheap to hold where as the reference feels like a brick.

Associate
What's your PSU? Did you used any power cable splitters? What sort of cable you use? DP or HDMI?
What GPU you changed to? Just in case did you used PCIe 4.0 on any other motherboard than X570?

1/ Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold rated 750W 80+

2/ No, I used the standard daisy-chained cable provided with the PSU.

3/ Dispay port

4/ Gigabyte windforce GTX 760 via HDMi

5/ My motherboard is b450 pro Carbon, and I made sure to switch it to PCie 3.0, cos I read people had problems running PCie 4.0 setting on older MOBOs

Soldato
1/ Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold rated 750W 80+

2/ No, I used the standard daisy-chained cable provided with the PSU.

3/ Dispay port

4/ Gigabyte windforce GTX 760 via HDMi

5/ My motherboard is b450 pro Carbon, and I made sure to switch it to PCie 3.0, cos I read people had problems running PCie 4.0 setting on older MOBOs

1) Remove the daisy chain connections for heaven sake. 2 direct cables from the PSU to GPU ONLY. Don't you read anything in this forum?

2) Is your cable DP1.4 HBR3 rated, or some cheap DP1.1 crap came with the monitor?

Associate
1) Remove the daisy chain connections for heaven sake. 2 direct cables from the PSU to GPU ONLY. Don't you read anything in this forum?

2) Is your cable DP1.4 HBR3 rated, or some cheap DP1.1 crap came with the monitor?

Wait few pages back i was connecting mine i supplies images and mine is daisy chain with two separate cables from PSU. Also i was told to use cables provided with PSU as i wouldn't want to fry my system..

So just one cable you recommend so nothing is daisy chained now?

Soldato
Just installed this special edition its beautiful lol and replaced my owl reference

photo sharing
cwzFhct
How are you liking it so far?

Caporegime
Had a play with tuning my 5700xt on water tonight. This is as good as I got it so far. Seeing close to a 10% performance increase when benching.

gpu.jpg

Not exactly an Overclocking expert or well experienced. Is this the kind of figures they're seeing with this card? Any recommended changes? :)

Associate
Apologies if this has been answered here already, but can anyone confirm which 5700 XT models are considered the best buy?

The prices seem to vary from roughly £340-£400 from what i can see, but unsure on which one to go for. Having watched the Hardware Unboxed video, it seems like the sweet spot is the Powercolor Red Dragon @ £360, but then reading reviews on other sites, it seems like people have had a lot of problems with it and some failing after just 3 months! Is this a worthy consideration or should i be looking at other models?

Also, are the drivers as bad as everyone says they are or are they now better since their launch?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom