The England Cricket Thread

Associate
Agreed. Enhland are well favourites to win this game

A declaration is either low enough to tempt the opposition to go for it or high enough to allow for continuous attacking fields. Root has gone for something in the middle. If SA don't lose many wickets in the first two sessions tomorrow they might have a go in the last session.

Caporegime
Rabada banned for the final test for his celebration after dismissing Root, what a shame.

I think in isolation his actions were not worthy of a demerit, but he was 'on probation' with his previous actions, so for me it was both understandable that he got a ban, and extraordinarily stupid to behave in such a way and compromise his team.

Associate
Rabada banned for the final test for his celebration after dismissing Root, what a shame.

I think in isolation his actions were not worthy of a demerit, but he was 'on probation' with his previous actions, so for me it was both understandable that he got a ban, and extraordinarily stupid to behave in such a way and compromise his team.
After retiring from the game, I umpired for several years in league cicket. If I reported a player a two game ban was automatic. However, for what I have seen on this occasion, I would not have reported him. If a bowler had celebrated like that when he dismissed me, I would have taken it as a compliment

Soldato
After retiring from the game, I umpired for several years in league cicket. If I reported a player a two game ban was automatic. However, for what I have seen on this occasion, I would not have reported him. If a bowler had celebrated like that when he dismissed me, I would have taken it as a compliment

Dunno about where you play but if anyone had club level around where I am had done that it'd probably start a massive row.

I have no sympathy for Rabada, let both his captain and team down. Will never learn.

Associate
Dunno about where you play but if anyone had club level around where I am had done that it'd probably start a massive row.

I have no sympathy for Rabada, let both his captain and team down. Will never learn.
If the umpires had thought it was so serious they should have got together and given him an official warning. Did this happend?

Soldato
If the umpires had thought it was so serious they should have got together and given him an official warning. Did this happend?

That kind of thing is that umpires discretion, no? You'd have to go through the books but regardless he was on the edge of a ban.

Anyway, well on top here and I bloody love Mark Wood

Back
Top Bottom