The I bought an E92 M3 thread..

Soldato
OP
Autowatch Ghost installed! One more thing to stop any would be thieves!

Also had a weird ticking noise coming from the rear, turns out it was a heat shield slightly adrift (wasnt there before??) Moved it slightly all good! :D

Associate
Also, if you need a hand with finding parts, knowing where to get them from for the best price etc, just drop me a trust message. I've kinda got finding cheap BMW/OEM parts down to an art :p

I've got a test for you if you're interested, I'm after some ignition coils.
Bosch, bougicord, genuine bmw ones at a good price etc, :)

Congrats on the new car @MrKnifey.

OcUK Staff
You E92 guys need to get yourselves to Evolve !!!

That intake plenum sounds amazing, would love to hear what that car would sound like with the exhaust mod too.

Caporegime
Sound epic don’t they. With decat I think the exhaust to go for is the inconel M performance exhaust. 25kg lighter too and a really clean sound.

Soldato
OP
I watched the Evolve videos yesterday actually, I think im going to go for the primary cat deletes soon, with stock exhaust then go from there. The intake plenum is amazing, especially the sound, but £1700 with no power increase.. thats strong for me :/

Associate
Yeah s good as it sounds, i wouldn't be paying four figures for it. Test pipes and remap will be much better value in smiles per gallon.
As much as I liked the unique quality sound of the stock exhaust, changing it to a more free flowing setup feels like what M division wanted it to be but couldn't because of rules/ regulations/ emissions etc.
Best mod by far for me, just don't ask the neighbours.:p

Associate
Yes I saw someone say ~445 on theirs - would be keen to hear one with the cat delete and one of the PCW exhaust mods done.

I'm looking to shift my old 335i now and the E92 M3's are getting really hard to ignore, my issue is I'm a sucker for specs and would really want a comp pack car, which obviously comes at a premium.

Caporegime
So what are these making now on stage 2 with intake and primary decat delete, guessing circa 450 horses?
Yeah but the midrange gain is massive all the way across and throttle response will rival an EV.

Just remember these cars like fuel and £570 road tax :(

OcUK Staff
Yeah but the midrange gain is massive all the way across and throttle response will rival an EV.

Just remember these cars like fuel and £570 road tax :(

V8 life, though in fairness the Mustang was quite frugal and lower tax I think.
458 however just turns fuel into noise and also same tax as just had tax reminder this week.

Associate
No. Haven’t remapped it as I’m a loser and scared of resale.

but maybe I should...

Just do it, YOLO, etc.
life really is too short, plus the chances are that for every potential buyer who's put off by the modifications there's four or five who would be more interested because of it.

Im scared of how much louder it will actually make the car :/

Have the Cat warm up sequence removed as part of the remap then it will be surprisingly civilised.

Soldato
OP
Went for a blast in it today, I fear the discs are becoming warmed or the pad material is sticking to them? I get no warped feeling even on the 4 hour hard drive home, but lately ive been getting it after some heavy braking.

Best to check what pads are in it first.. Another tank of fuel gone as well :D

Back
Top Bottom