Holidays 2020

Associate
2 weeks in Mexico at a Dreams adults only resort in September. Did it last year and was amazing.

No kids. 24 hour room service and all the premium label drinks you can keep down. Paradise for me.

Caporegime
Not to bad regarding flights but accommodation 7 nights in Vancouver cant find much for under £900 most hotels your looking at £1,500+

why do you want to be in Vancouver city itself?
there is nothing interesting there is all. Go put to Vancouver island, or follow the sea to sky highway to Squamish and on to whistler. I been a few times and got hotels under 100$ a night easy

Soldato
2 weeks in Mexico at a Dreams adults only resort in September. Did it last year and was amazing.

No kids. 24 hour room service and all the premium label drinks you can keep down. Paradise for me.

We normally go every year: not typically a fan of all inclusive hotels but the Dreams is great, as is the Riu Palace. Not going this year as I've already booked a couple of weeks in Columbia and a US road trip and we're trying to save for a new house. I'll definitely miss it!

Don
We normally go every year: not typically a fan of all inclusive hotels but the Dreams is great, as is the Riu Palace. Not going this year as I've already booked a couple of weeks in Columbia and a US road trip and we're trying to save for a new house. I'll definitely miss it!

I would recommend the Excellence Playa Mujeres out that way

Soldato
First holiday booked Seville for June anyone been seems to have a big reputation currently as a great place to go?
It's probably my favourite city break I've done. Amazing food, great culture. However it was t-shirt weather in February. You're going to fry in June lol, it can get up to 40c apparently!

Associate
Sat at Heathrow waiting for my flight to Thailand. Going to head down to koh Chang and have booked 3 nights at the santhiya tree resort in a pool access villa as got it last minute with massive discount. I will then see what else is available on the island for a few more days and then decide where to go next.

Soldato
OP
Sat at Heathrow waiting for my flight to Thailand. Going to head down to koh Chang and have booked 3 nights at the santhiya tree resort in a pool access villa as got it last minute with massive discount. I will then see what poontang available on the island for a few more days and then decide where to go next.

Edited for truth. :D

Soldato
It's probably my favourite city break I've done. Amazing food, great culture. However it was t-shirt weather in February. You're going to fry in June lol, it can get up to 40c apparently!
You know it's the hottest place in Europe right - June is not the time to go!

Associate
Booked in the BA sale. 14 nights for 1200 a head. I thought that was pretty good value considering the quality of food and drink.
I agree with you on the all inclusive holiday stuff.
However I got a ridiculously cheap deal in Tenerife (300 per person) for a week in November last year. We only really had breakfast and the odd evening meal but it paid off well with free drinks in the evening.
I am starting to warm to all inclusive if its at the right price you don't feel stuck in the resort.

Soldato
Flying to Orlando first May Bank Holiday for 2 weeks. Was going to book it l through TUI and get a villa as it worked out cheap but heard nightmares about their allocation on arrival for villas.

Now looking to price it up all separate. Which flight would be "better" Tui or Virgin from Manchester.

The other pain of it was we could have paid the flights with our Virgin Airmiles but there are no reward seats available for that month!

Caporegime
Looking at Vancouver for a holiday always wanted to go to Canada but its so mega expensive

i've been 3 years in a row now i think.

it's expensive because of mass asian immigration pushing prices up and everyone outwards.

average wage there is also higher. as are normal wages. they earn a lot more over there as a result everything is more expensive. i remember a round downtown costing me like £60 for 4 drinks just as an example. you can go to some places where it's $5 a drink and selected drinks downtown but full of students.

so i would take a wad of cash if you really want to enjoy it.

it's 100 times better than america. in fact i would say america is a hole of a country. even the parts everyone likes aren't that great IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
i've been 3 years in a row now i think.

it's expensive because of mass asian immigration pushing prices up and everyone outwards.

average wage there is also higher. as are normal wages. they earn a lot more over there as a result everything is more expensive. i remember a round downtown costing me like £60 for 4 drinks just as an example. you can go to some places where it's $5 a drink and selected drinks downtown but full of students.

so i would take a wad of cash if you really want to enjoy it.

it's 100 times better than america. in fact i would say america is a hole of a country. even the parts everyone likes aren't that great IMO.

I see interesting stuff, I have to say that America has never appealed to me over Canada just dosnt look as good.

Caporegime
I see interesting stuff, I have to say that America has never appealed to me over Canada just dosnt look as good.

I can give you a whole host of places to see in Richmond which is really nice.

Steveston fishing village is awesome for one.

Granville Island is another must which is downtown. Also make sure you use the boats to get around that area.

Stanley Park is another must. You can hire a bike and cycle around the full park then go back the next day and go to specific areas to hang out that you liked from the day before.

There is a tonne of stuff to do and the people are the nicest you will meet on the planet. I'm seriously thinking about moving there. There would be zero downsides other than starting your personal network again from scratch. Already got family over there so just friends wise.

Soldato
It has come to me that I won't be able to find a flight to suit to Orlando using my airmiles.

Does anyone have experience in using miles to upgrade? How do I know if a reward seat is available? Do I need to book economy and just hope?

Back
Top Bottom