** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Pixio Px7 has been readily available since Nov. Same panel but £70 cheaper. Sold out just before xmas and restock due this week.

Or the baby 850b.

Yeah heard good things in another thread. I saw that on a certain site they would be available this week so it's tempting.

Just trying to work out how they might look using a PS4 Pro with it as well.

Associate
Had an update on stock!

All being well should be able to fulfil about half of pre-orders this week and the other half before the end of the month!

The first half of the stock is landing today at distributor and so should be with us tomorrow.

The other half is scheduled to land over the two weeks after that.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I'm buying all of them and trying to speed anything up where I can!

Nice. Thanks for the update. I doubt I will in that first half, but EOM seems ok. Lets hope we all get decent panels after this long a wait! :)

Associate
On my unit the gamer 1 default mode was a bit too cool around 7000k. That's assuming you've not changed anything else like colour temp or RGB settings.

Anyway, feel free to try my calibration settings and profile and see if it helps. This is in the full native gamut mode:

preset mode Gamer 1
brightness 23 (to achieve 120 cd/m2 - feel free to change to your liking and ambient lighting conditions)
contrast 70
Black stabilizer 50
Gamma mode 2
Color temp custom
RGB - 58, 49, 48

ICC profile here: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/icc_profiles/lg_27gl850_native.icc

Seeing as people are going to be getting some of these pretty soon, have been going through from the start of this thread to see if there were any useful posts, and this seems to be one. Will add any more if I find some.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrives today. Can't wait!

Same. Fingers crossed it turns up safe and sound. Trying to look around for firmware updates, and the only reference I can find is doing it through the software (which I wasnt going to install). Might just see how it is first before doing anything to it! Hoping I actaully get some time to hook it up today. Work might be getting in the way!!!

Associate
So I just recieved my monitors (I ordered 2 27GL850s) and I have to admit I am blown away! For reference a few months ago I ordered (from another online retailer) an ASUS PG279Q which suffered from dead pixels and horrible back light bleed, sent it back for a replacement and the one I got back was exactly the same. Sent that back and then I ordered an Acer Predator XB27HU and had the exact same experience. So I thought I would order 2 of these and wait. I admit I was getting annoyed with how long it was taking for my order to get fulfilled, but having received them I can honestly say it was worth the wait. Both of my panels are perfect as IPS panels go! Not a single dead pixel on either of them, very minimal backlight bleed/IPS glow and great colour uniformity across the screens! And I don't know why, but when playing games they feel even smoother than they did on my previous monitors which had dedicated GSync modules and were also running at 144Hz. Literally games are buttery smooth and the colour is incredible. I know it's been a long wait for these to come in stock, but if that wait was due to LG making sure every panel they sent out is perfect then I honestly don't have a problem with that and I don't regret my purchase at all. They look great and honestly for me, they are the perfect monitors! Hope everyone else who have received theirs have the same experience as I have! And for those of you still waiting, believe me, it's worth it!

Associate
Thats great to hear. Hoping mine is in as good condition as yours are! Colours wise, have you just left it on the standard Gamer 1 profile? Or are you using sRGB?
I've left it on the standard Gamer 1 profile, I haven't touched any of the settings on either of them yet, just been enjoying them at the moment!

Associate
I've left it on the standard Gamer 1 profile, I haven't touched any of the settings on either of them yet, just been enjoying them at the moment!

Brill - I think I will do the same. Will be my first switch to more than 60hz so wanting to see my system stretch it legs, and see if its smooth with Gsync/Variable Refresh Rate. I've got the latest NVidia driver installed, do you have to turn anything on to get VRR working?

Associate
Brill - I think I will do the same. Will be my first switch to more than 60hz so wanting to see my system stretch it legs, and see if its smooth with Gsync/Variable Refresh Rate. I've got the latest NVidia driver installed, do you have to turn anything on to get VRR working?
Nope, it enabled GSync for both screens as soon as my PC turned on. If you need to check when you get them, just open up the NVIDIA control panel and go to "Set up G-SYNC" under the display settings and it should be automatically enabled as you have the latest NVIDIA drivers, if not you can enable it from there!

Associate
Nope, it enabled GSync for both screens as soon as my PC turned on. If you need to check when you get them, just open up the NVIDIA control panel and go to "Set up G-SYNC" under the display settings and it should be automatically enabled as you have the latest NVIDIA drivers, if not you can enable it from there!

Thanks for the heads up. Delivery driver 30 mins away now. Meetings this afternoon are going to seem unbearably slow

Associate
Received mine earlier. First impressions, its an incredible display and I am very pleased with it.

Mine has one green pixel, bottom left about a third in and a third up. Its not noticeable so I'm not too bothered about it. Backlight bleed/IPS glow is non existent.

Colours seem good out the box, warmer than my old BenQ xl2420TE, might play about with them a bit later.

I've been following this thread since before christmas so felt compelled to post now that I've finally got mine.

Back
Top Bottom