I am I being unreasonable here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
We haven't met in person yet. It's just been over a year in and she is a very busy woman; so its probably going to take a little more time then others. I have had many long distance relationships over the years and this has been the best one. She is very smart, beautiful and all around a wonderful woman. Funny thing is that my cousins long distance partner is visiting in town right now.

I have had manipulative partners in the past (some worse then others) and my current girlfriend is not one of them. I really wish I could marry her but unfortunately there is no legal way to get a divorce in the Philippines.

Yeah gonna call BS on this now, never met in person and wish you could marry but she can't get divorced in the Philippines, how much has she cost you so far OP.

I'm with your parents on this, they are looking out for your best interests!!!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
vthdFkN.gif

However, if this turns out to be legit and not an elaborate troll then I will of course apologise but still virtual slap you for falling into a honey trap.

Soldato
About 15 months ago I hired someone into my team with Autism at 21 fresh from university.

that person has become the most skilled developer on the team with un unparalleled attention to detail. Being at work in 15 months they have gone from a shy recluse to getting involved socially just as much as anyone else in their age bracket.

To watch the change has even heart warming and it’s opened me up to perhaps previous prejudices I may have had. It’s sad that people don’t give others chances Mx

Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t do something. You may fall but you can pick yourself back and find something else. All you need is the right positive environment to succeed.

the person on my team is now earning £70k a year and not even 23...

Caporegime
We haven't met in person yet. It's just been over a year in and she is a very busy woman; so its probably going to take a little more time then others. I have had many long distance relationships over the years and this has been the best one. She is very smart, beautiful and all around a wonderful woman. Funny thing is that my cousins long distance partner is visiting in town right now.

I have had manipulative partners in the past (some worse then others) and my current girlfriend is not one of them. I really wish I could marry her but unfortunately there is no legal way to get a divorce in the Philippines.
OP, I'm going to assume you're genuine but this is all kinds of nope. Concentrate on fixing this issue yourself rather than relying on a LDR with a person who probably doesn't exist, or at least not in the way you think he/she does.

Soldato
I am just frustrated but I am also considering the possibility that I am being unreasonable. I am going to be brief with my background as possible so it doesn't end up a mile long.

In short, I have autism but I am perfectly capable of being like any other person without autism. I have gone through special education in high school and graduated with an adjusted diploma. I have only taken one or two college classes but that is about it. My mom has been literally involved in every aspect of my life (more so then others) and as soon as I turned 18 she decided to put me on a disability government check.

Anyways, as I am on a government check I am not allowed to make money of any kind and anything that i do make I have to report it and they take out whatever I make. I am not fighting against that, I completely understand why it is the way it is. However, being on a government check means I can't afford to live alone nor afford anything like dentist bills.

I have been wanting to get off the government check and get a real job but the problem is my parents don't support that idea. Thing is, maybe some people would be excited at the idea of being able to sit around all day and collect a check without work; I am not one of those people. I have tried for years for my parents to see that I don't want to be that kind of person and that I want a fulfilling career.

I get that it probably comes out of a place of fear. I am not even allowed to go to college because the local college here mixes the high school students with the college students. I was so excited at the idea of getting a degree in earth science but since that degree is only held at the physical college that is not an option.

I really don't know what to do at this point. (I am from the United States, if you have any questions about any particular laws then I understand)

The fact is that your parents are being overprotective, and in doing so are failing in their primary job ie to raise you to be a capable and independent adult who will contribute and thrive when they are gone. Going by your posting you seem to be high functioning, so there's no reason why you can't make a life for yourself. You're going to have to talk to your parents and get their support for you to start making progress towards a job (including any higher education required) and a place of your own.

You're going to have to do it when your parents are gone, so better to do it now when they are around to fall back on an help you when you need it until you can stand on your own feet, when they can be proud of you and your accomplishments, when they can be happy that you will be okay without them.

Soldato
Elucidate please..?

Divorce is actually illegal in the Philippines (there and the Vatican). It's a very Catholic country.

He wants to get married and have kids with a married woman who can't get a divorce, to compound matters somewhat, the married woman whom he's never met happens to live on the other side of the world.

And you think we've taken issue with the legalities regarding divorce in the Philippines? Thankfully, his mum is paying more attention than you. :p

Soldato
He wants to get married and have kids with a married woman who can't get a divorce, to compound matters somewhat, the married woman whom he's never met happens to live on the other side of the world.

And you think we've taken issue with the legalities regarding divorce in the Philippines? Thankfully, his mum is paying more attention than you. :p

I think his mum is just like that. The bigger issue is why OP feels the only way out is to rely on this fairy tale of a LDR to come and rescue him, and take over from his mum, instead of making a life for himself now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom