Is there something wrong with the IMG button on the forum?

Soldato
Got an IMGUR link I'm trying to apply, against my signature, but every time I post the URL into the IMG button text field, it just shows '' as the result, no image. My IMGUR image is also public.

Unfortunately I can't copy the BBCode from work as the site is blocked and my phone won't give me the BB code as it's 'Desktop Only'.

Soldato
If you're using the Imgur app, I think if you press and hold on the image, it gives you the option to copy a BB code, then it should work.

EDIT: Hold the image, it will display "Share to..." with lots of options. Select "Copy URL" and then I think that should work with the forums (it should give you a link ending in .jpg).

Soldato
OP
If you're using the Imgur app, I think if you press and hold on the image, it gives you the option to copy a BB code, then it should work.

EDIT: Hold the image, it will display "Share to..." with lots of options. Select "Copy URL" and then I think that should work with the forums.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done but the result is as above...no image, just ...

Does your link end in .jpg or .png (or other image format)?

It was uploaded as a JPG.

I swear to god it never used to be this aggravating to upload a bloody image :(

Soldato
Yeah, that's exactly what I've done but the result is as above...no image, just ...

It was uploaded as a JPG.

I swear to god it never used to be this aggravating to upload a bloody image :(

It's been broken since the forums were updated.

The number of posts you go through where you see the image icon followed by [/IMG]

Soldato
OP
You need to have the direct link to the image (your link must end with .jpg)

Here's an image I just posted in another thread:
Imgur page: https://imgur.com/a/iO3Ue7U
Image link: https://i.imgur.com/kQfnqzU.png

The first link won't work if you try to embed it, only the direct image link will work.

God damn it...if you hit the ellipsis on their app and do 'copy link', it gives you the impression you're actually copying the image and not the post. I see what you mean, it's rather deceiving.

Soldato
God damn it...if you hit the ellipsis on their app and do 'copy link', it gives you the impression you're actually copying the image and not the post. I see what you mean, it's rather deceiving.

Yup, its different to the one you get get when you hold the image and use Copy URL. For ages I thought it was impossible to share proper links using the app.

Soldato
Kinda on-topic, but how do you upload an animated GIF to Imgur? Last time I tried, it changed it into an MP4. I wanted the image to stay as it is so that I could imbed it on a forum.
GIFs are videos with play and pause now. And Flash videos that used to be 10MB and render at any resolution perfectly because of vector graphics, are lossy videos on YouTube now. Welcome to the internet in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom