• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

bru

bru

Soldato
Typical of the OCUK forums.
This the big Navi thread is talking about the NVIDIA cards and the Ampere thread is talking about big Navi.

Don't you just love it here.:D

Permabanned
Whats the ETA on the new AMD cards then?

June, July.

From what I am able to piece together now from multiple sources, the second generation of RDNA will feature improvements in performance because of the architecture, considerably more Compute Units compared to RDNA 1 and also likely scale much better with clock frequency too.

From what another source told me, we will likely not see these cards launch until Summer (although no specific date is provided) and will be the RX 6000 series. This gives AMD a bit more time to bring up the drivers and the design – and who knows just what state of the silicon we saw being benchmarked was.

This would also tie into what we seem to be learning about the Playstation 5 and its clocks. I’ve personally seen internal testing documentation of the Playstation 5 running at 2GHz for ‘native mode’ (ie, for PS5 software). Given the power consumption of a 40 CU RX 5700 hits the low 200W mark when clocked to 2GHz, you can see how important this optimization will be.

Long story short – the next-generation RDNA from AMD (and other future Navi cards with the potential exception of say Navi 12) will all benefit from drastically improved efficiency – and with any luck, we will also see higher clock frequencies on the GPU and lower heat output too.

http://www.redgamingtech.com/rdna-2...vements-to-take-on-nvidia-analysis-exclusive/

Caporegime
And 10 lucky people will be able to buy the entire initial stock allocation for the UK :p

With real availability coming 3 months later.

Isn't that how it works these days?

Soldato
And 10 lucky people will be able to buy the entire initial stock allocation for the UK :p

With real availability coming 3 months later.

Isn't that how it works these days?

Don't forget the another 6 months for the AIB card ;)

I
23.59 London Summer Time on 7 . 07 . 2020. That is 5 pm PST :D

I'm ignoring BST this year :p also the meridian line runs through London so we set the time on what others do :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think that I am interested in hardware ray tracing support for the RTX and these new AMD cards as I cannot notice any difference.
Lol. Yeah, it has been a bit poor so far. But that is to be expected. With a lack of hardware and developers just getting going with all this it will take time.

Will be interting to see what 2020 games deliver. But truth is it will probably take many years until we get the hardware needed to see a day and night difference.

Associate
Awesome, new AMD 2080ti killer to release in June July, then a week later should see some big price reductions when nvidia drop the 3000 series. Then 3 months after aib cards and 9 months from then hopefully drivers are starting to become stable...

Associate
You've been through this before I see LUL

Lol, actually not, but two work mates BOTH fell foul of this buying AMD cards to save a bit of cash. One of them will be without a GPU for however long it takes to RMA for the black screen issue... which I thought was an issue down to crappy drivers. Thre other just moans about the noise and it running over 80 degrees and that he bought it day one only for prices to plummet.

AMD GPU department doesn't give me the warm feeling that the CPU's do, I wouldn't touch one currently.

Caporegime
Awesome, new AMD 2080ti killer to release in June July, then a week later should see some big price reductions when nvidia drop the 3000 series. Then 3 months after aib cards and 9 months from then hopefully drivers are starting to become stable...

The Adrenalin 2020 drivers were released broken, as AMD said to Gamers Nexus, when they asked them when they were going to fix them, those drivers, were just to bring in the new UI, and new features, so now they've got those done, they are now getting on with fixing them. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The Adrenalin 2020 drivers were released broken, as AMD said to Gamers Nexus, when they asked them when they were going to fix them, those drivers, were just to bring in the new UI, and new features, so now they've got those done, they are now getting on with fixing them. :p

They not have broken has people are making out, sure some users have more problems than others. The big issue was only with some games, not all doesn't mean the whole driver is broken.

20.1.2 has already fixed loads of issues, and AMD is very active on reddit atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom